Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US / UK : 4x15 - "Going Under" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options
  • 12-12-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭

WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "GOING UNDER"

Episode Title: "Going Under"
    Airdate: December 15th 2008

TV.com Summary:
    Michael recieves medical attention.
    Charles Westmoreland helps uncover the real secrets of Scylla.
    Lincoln and Sucre do everything in their power to retrieve Scylla before it's gone forever.

This episode shall air on:

(US) - FOX - December 15th 2008
    (IE) - RTÉ 2 - Currently Unknown
    (UK) - SKY 1 - December 16th 2008

If you are sure you have seen the episode as mentioned above (on the channels on those original airdates), you can move down further in order to discuss the episode.

Otherwise, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - there shall be major plot details of the episode revealed and discussed below with no spoiler tags used!

What Did You Think Of "Going Under"? 30 votes

0%
    10%
    Always number 1Also Starring LeVar Burtonpvt.joker 3 votes
    26%
    Mr ELFCFanSherifuRick_AgamemnonJP LizD.Qjan_kowalski 8 votes
    26%
    Mossy MonkOur man in HavanamobmicksZiMZuMJellothewoolsThe Buster 8 votes
    26%
    Q_BallMisterAnarchyskibumJ-blkEyespySlippin Jimmymailrewopmurpho999 8 votes
    6%
    weemcdHank Scorpio 2 votes
    0%
    0%
    0%
    3%
    ziggy 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I wish they'd have a few double episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

If they get the 2 hour finale next year, it will seem like a double episode. I did enjoy the double episode at the start of Season 4, but I cant bring myself to tape it and watch it before a new episode comes on so it seems like a double episode. I was in heaven watching the first 2 seasons on DVD, finished them both off in a week and a half watching it every night after work, 3/4/5 episodes at a time.

I watched the first half of season 1 a few episodes at a time. Best way to watch it I think. Then they took a huge break in the middle of season 1 afair. Waiting for each episode for the second half of season 1 was a pain. The way they built up the tension to the finale of season 1 was really great tv. I'd prefer to have some double episodes like they used to even if I had to wait an extra week. 1 hour(~40 minutes if you do it right) is not enough! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Really enjoying this series so many twists and turns each week.
    What's the betting that the General is Michaels dad? Or that the mother (who Michael inherited the tumours from) is the person who successfully lives a happy life after the op.
    Will Michael and Link go their separate ways?
    Break after next week until when???
    AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Is that Sucre really gone for good now?
    Will Mahone get away, and where will he go?
    Has Lincoln really crossed over to the Company's side?
    Was telling Michael he had defected part of his 'plan' to escape with Michael and end everything? He didn't look too happy after he was talking to Michael...
    Where did T-Bag go to after the interrogation at the start?
    What is the General's real motives?
    Was that Lisa the man with Scylla was talking to on the phone?
    What the hell is Tombstone II?

Break after next weeks episode... then a big waiting game... Arrgh!

• Advertisement

So many twists. Enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Paddy C wrote: »

That did seem forced and odd to just end his run in the show that way. I do kind of agree with what he said himself though: there's nothing left for him in it any longer... I'm guessing now the government is not involved either, there's no chance of a pardon anyway and he'd have to live his life in hiding regardless...

Doesn't the General tell Linc right at the end that T-Bag, Self and Gretchen are going to be his team in retrieving Scylla from the new player?

I thought the exact same thing :)! I'm pretty sure it is, as I doubt she's just the good obedient daughter...

Yay for Mahone getting away! Not sure what'll happen to him now, but at least it's not going to be rotting away in jail.

Still not 100% on some other things though... so are they now implying the company is good after all and wants to bring peace, love, electric cars and bunnies to everyone or what?

And yes, what the hell is Tombstone II :confused:? So one more and then the break? When is it back after that? Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 jan_kowalski

Don't think so, I'd say he will save brothers assess somehow again :)
    Will Mahone get away, and where will he go?

Most definitely he will get away but then I think he might turn bad again and be after Scylla on his own.
    Has Lincoln really crossed over to the Company's side?

Don't think so, just temporary resolution, don't think he ever betrays Michael...

I'm sure he is around and will disturb again... not once.
    What is the General's real motives?

I'd say there is some story behind him, I'd say something to do with his family, etc.

I'm almost sure of it. There was too evident cross with her 'daddy' after he shot dead one of his fellowes, just too evident to leave it alone. She is not innocent and good daughter :D
    What the hell is Tombstone II?

Has to be some 'company' operational files record, something to do with brother's mother... I would not be surprised if she is alive and has something to do with current plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

About 8 episodes back there was a scene where Mahone went to visit the architect of scylla. The company showed up and took him. Where has that guy gone?

Also there was a woman who lived in the house with him and who helped Mahone escape.. I have a funny feeling she is connected with the brothers. Not basing this on anything I read, just a hunch.

My girlfriend said it was Lisa on the phone too.

Lincoln is the ultimate junk yard dog. :)
    gazzer wrote: »
    Also there was a woman who lived in the house with him and who helped Mahone escape.. I have a funny feeling she is connected with the brothers. Not basing this on anything I read, just a hunch.
    Could be the mother, she has to be alive. After the General said one person had survived the op before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great episode. PB has truly redeemed itself from the less than stellar third season. The vision/dream sequences were really well done, and the BARGAIN revelation was very clever (although a bit convenient that Michael knew what it meant). I'm afraid that after next weeks Episode 16, we'll be drip fed the last 6 episodes over the first 5 months of 2009. Painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Mr E wrote: »
    Great episode. PB has truly redeemed itself from the less than stellar third season. The vision/dream sequences were really well done, and the BARGAIN revelation was very clever (although a bit convenient that Michael knew what it meant). I'm afraid that after next weeks Episode 16, we'll be drip fed the last 6 episodes over the first 5 months of 2009. Painful.

I agree that for the most part this series has redeemed itself in a way I wish heroes would. It's been fairly solid and you can pretty much justify everything that has gone on. The one point that had me thinking was poor before I really thought about it was self telling his boss about the plan before the double cross. Took me a while to figure that self knew that homeland would prefer to kill the brothers and bury the situation rather than go public, which was rather convenient for self :) The attempted burial of the project didn't seem like they were part of selfs plan.

The one thing that has annoyed me, so much so that I gave the ep a 7, has been the convenience of the new plot devices. Michaels tumour affecting him while he was running with scylla (i know he was under mental and physical stress at the time but it still seemed a bit too convenient in order to further the plot) and especially the BARGAIN thing. It was a word overheard from a huddled group from meters away, and that was the only actual reference to the word. It essentially popped up out of nowhere and wasn't even hinted at.

So now we know that the company is protecting the future. Does that make them good or bad? Why does Michael still want to take them down? The general said that the other patient had lived a long and happy life. Not living. So has the mother died since? What's in tombstome II? That did sound like lisa on the phone but I'm not 100%.

Long shot but say for arguments sake that the general IS the father of one/both of the brothers out of an affair with the mother. Maybe her husband finds out that they're not his and starts his war against the general/company, with the intention of involving the brothers, ironically turning the generals own children against him. It could be a real 'Luke, I am your father' moment :D

[edit]
    seems like I'm not the only one looking to see if there's any truth to BARGAIN :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I thought that after next weeks episode there would be a 2 hour series finale?

And Mahone escaped. :) Kinda wondering if he'll come back with Sucre for the finale.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    He also said the person lived a long and happy life, implying that the person who got the op was now dead.
    Not sure about that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Has to be some 'company' operational files record, something to do with brother's mother... I would not be surprised if she is alive and has something to do with current plot.

I am suspecting the same thing - espeically when the general said that this operation has only been done once before and survived - Micheals mother perhaps???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

I don't think that Linc has crossed over to the company's side. The room must be bugged so they know the company were listening. It's just a ruse, I'm sure we'll see that in a flashback later.
    Great to see Westmoreland again, although I wish he had asked Michael the question we all want to know the answer to: "Where the hell is the five million quid from season two?"

It was dropped into the water when they were on the boat and caught by the Chinese agent. After it went under, no-on seemed to care or go back after it. It's probably all soggy and deteriorated now, so it's probably useless to them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

It was dropped into the water when they were on the boat and caught by the Chinese agent. After it went under, no-on seemed to care or go back after it. It's probably all soggy and deteriorated now, so it's probably useless to them. :D

That was always something that really annoyed me about the end of season two. The 5 million was a loose end that was never really tied up.

Maybe Kellerman found it and will come back at the very last episode guns a blazin' and free everyone then get killed (again) himself, leaving the brothers and Sara to pocket the money and go off to Panama to live happy ever after with Sofia and LJ. (Until Linc trips on a kerb stone, smacks his head off the ground and dies, rendering the entire show obsolete). :D

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

J-blk wrote: »
    And yes, what the hell is Tombstone II :confused:?

It's the script for the sequel to Tombstone and Linc is being offered a part in it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Totally agree.

The whole flash back Michael had was ridiculous and remembering it all and writting it down seconds after surgery. As much as i like Michael he should of died being brought back by hearing Sarah come on.
    They have ruined the whole show by dragging it out this far.:mad:

Advertisement