Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Surgery on both eyes at once

Options
  • 12-12-2008 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Apologies if this has been posted before but i've got a few questions about laser surgery. My little sis came bounding in today telling us she's having eye laser surgery on Monday in Ultralase in Waterford :eek: This is the first we've heard of it and we're a bit worried as nobody seems to have heard of the place. She also says that they've advised her to have both eyes done at the same time. Surely thats a bit odd? What if something goes wrong? I was just wondering if:

a) has anybody had surgery with ultralase?
    b) is it safe to do both eyes at once?
    c) and how much consulation should a client have before the surgery?

This seems to be a snap decision and as far as we can figure out she's had once brief consulation and has been told the procedure should take no more than 10 minutes for both eyes.

Any info you guys could supply would be great, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I did both eyes at once, so do many people.
    I find nothing strange about it

Never heard of Ultralase but hey, the place I went to a few years back wasn't well known and now they are never off TV3 and in magazines flogging their services. Optilase in Dublin 2 btw

Look to see if they are well established, not they have a massive marketing budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭rosiec

Cheers for that. Have been doing a little sleuthing and have since found that they have 3 clinics in ireland and 24 in the UK so its not as bad as i thought! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Depending on what she's getting done 2 eyes at once is no problem, had both mine done in the one day and was fine the next day. It's no biggie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Helen2

Rosiec, why don't you put your queries to the eye surgeon on www.laservision.ie? The surgeon at the clinic answers any questions on prescriptions, suitability etc. Also notice Laservision do two eyes on same day, this is common practise now so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Advertisement