Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Georges Street Lower (DL)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

cool. thanks for the link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I can't see this making any difference to DL at all, it does not improve access a whole lot and provides no parking along its lenght to access the shops anyway.

Apparently its on of the first pedestrian streets in the country to be repealled

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

[pedant] It was never a pedestrian street as the buses continued to use it (at speed) [/pedant]

The lack of decent parking nearby is a huge minus, M&S is particularly hard hit with this. I think that a reduction in rents for commercial properties and/or a few high profile shops would be necessary to draw in the crowds a bit more.

Dyflin wrote: »
    [pedant] It was never a pedestrian street as the buses continued to use it (at speed) [/pedant]

OK, minor technicality:p I'm actually amazed no one was killed by a bus along there at some point
    Dyflin wrote: »
    The lack of decent parking nearby is a huge minus, M&S is particularly hard hit with this. I think that a reduction in rents for commercial properties and/or a few high profile shops would be necessary to draw in the crowds a bit more.

Nothing short of a Buldozer will solve DL's problems...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

What a bloody mess. Typical DLR, they never should have made it semi-pedestrian in the first place. Do you think they'll rip up those fake cobblestones too? You can feel your brain rattle when going over them in a speeding rickety No. 7...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Just been there. Loads of people but probably only due to christmas around the corner. Everyone still crossed the street wherever they thought of it. In addition the cars...looked quite messy.
    At least it's now easier to get to Bloomfield's car park :rolleyes: But I agree, next step should be to increase on street parking spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Can they not just bring back the old road? Sure they have it stored in the Boylan Centre. :)

The lights coming down off Convent lane take forever now:(

I've also nearly flattened a few people, they still just walk out without even looking, jump quite high when they get beeped though:D

Advertisement