Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can you connect a PC to multiple TVs?

Options
  • 11-12-2008 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

In the secondary school where I work, the Principal wants to have multiple TVs showing the same stuff - this will work as an e-notice board. The 10 TVs will usually show PowerPoint slideshows of events, announcements, etc. I imagine all TVs will show content from the same PC.

The difficulty I see is how to connect it all up. The TVs all have SCART, Component video connectors etc, but which ones should I use and how can I run the signals for all these TVs over (in some cases) 70m back to some "box", which then connects to the PC?

Has anyone ever done something like this? I know when I go to my local pub, there are loads of TVs not only showing SKY, but also show pub events and slideshows.

Rod.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭PureBred

You could use cat 5 to distribute the signal using these.

http://www.svideo.com/videobalun1.html

All you would have to get trh is some way to covert the signal from the Pc to AV. Search google, i think there is a few devices out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

At a guess something like this to a VCR, and then broadcasting it's output around the place.

Advertisement