Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A couple for C&C

Options
  • 11-12-2008 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I like the cold mornings we've been having lately ... I was out and about the weekend and here are a few I liked ...

Blessington ...

1480C7C3AC574947A48910884A080F6E-800.jpg

Corcaigh Park ...

40F1D40411CD41D8B5AD73569048F29D-800.jpg

CACCD5F161A64400960702C27F185CE9-800.jpg

Any advice or critique is much appreciated as always ..

Philp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Hey Pippatee.

Definitely liking number 2. Nice colours and great composition. It'd make a great poster print.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I love #2. It's a really fantastic shot.
    The third one doesn't do a whole lot for me to be honest. Maybe because it's crooked against the straighter ones in the background?

If i took #2 I would be putting it on My christams cards it's beautiful! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

No 2 a winner, def calendar or christmas card material

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭pippatee

Thanks for the replies,

number 2 is my favourite as well ... mind you, with the frost and all, I'd have been hard pushed to take a bad shot that day ...

I just love the light in number one though ..

as for the third, It was peoples favourite elsewhere, so I thought I'd see what people thought here ...

anyway, thanks again

Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

#2 for me too, would like a bit more pop/sat in it but then again I always do.

Also you have some small bits of dirt on the sensor...I think.
    2 to left and 2 to right at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Lovely work as usual Phil. For me I love number one. The light is fantastic and the leading line is great composition.

I've never been to Blessington Lakes. Is there parking nearby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I'm with Darren, i love the composition of Number One, the eye very naturally follows a particular line through the photo and you take in the full detail of the picture while doing so.

That said, number 2 is a fantastic shot, very well done.

Number 3 doesn't really do anything for me to be honest.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 dec.foley

number one for me ... v nice

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭pippatee

#2 for me too, would like a bit more pop/sat in it but then again I always do.

Also you have some small bits of dirt on the sensor...I think.
    2 to left and 2 to right at least.

GAH!! I thouight I'd gotten em all ... I'm poxed with marks in my photos lately, I need my sensor cleaned ... and my polariser .... and my nd grad ...

thanks for pointing them out ... I'll clone 'em prior to printing ...
    DarrenG wrote: »
    Lovely work as usual Phil. For me I love number one. The light is fantastic and the leading line is great composition.

I've never been to Blessington Lakes. Is there parking nearby?

Thanks Darren ... There sure is plenty of parking ... Russborough Carkpark on the main Blessington to Baltinglass road is a good start ... there are plenty of parking spots all round the lakes in fact ...
    Dragan wrote: »
    I'm with Darren, i love the composition of Number One, the eye very naturally follows a particular line through the photo and you take in the full detail of the picture while doing so.

That said, number 2 is a fantastic shot, very well done.

Number 3 doesn't really do anything for me to be honest.:o

Cheers Dragan ... I know what you mean about that leadin line ... it's what I was hoping for when I took the shot ...

Number 2 is a HDR ... five shots blended in photomatix but tone-mapped in Photoshop ... I find that makes for a more realistic rendering of the image ...
    dec.foley wrote: »
    number one for me ... v nice

Cheers Dec ...

Advertisement