Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to France for the summer

Options
  • 11-12-2008 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

As i said i'm going to France for the summer with a mate, but have no idea how i'm gonna secure some employment. Has anybody here had any experience of working part-time in France for the summer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Jesus, thanks for your input lads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭VWPowered

lol, i live in france and to be honest if your coming for building work or anything the market is very very very quiet..

if you have a specific skill, you may get on better , what do you do..

or was you just hoping to pick grapes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Try anpe.fr

Unless you speak almost fluent French I wouldn't even bother though

Other than that, there is grape picking (i.e. working in a field full of Polish people from 8am to 6pm picking grapes for about €20 a day), or working on a campsite - try a company called Holidaybreak jobs or Keycamp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Thanks guys, I'm a mature student(just about) that has gone back to college this year, so I won't be looking for any skilled work. My french used to be better but the whole point was to go out and improve it before I have to go to France for the whole of third year!!!

I've been looking at anpe.fr alright. A lecturer in my college passed the address onto one of the other lads that want to go with me.

He will have got his honours degree by then, but is happy out to do whatever job we can find.

We aren't fussed about what job, just that we get the minimum wage... and somewhere decent to kip!

Advertisement