Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US]5x11 - "Joy to the World" [Spoilers]

Options
  • 10-12-2008 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Good episode this week - House working in the clinic is always fantastic, and the virgin birth prank was comedy gold :D

I thought it was a bit obvious once the girl was diagnosed what was going to happen with the baby. It's not often a child patient dies on the show, but I guess it had to happen for the Cuddy adoption arc. There was also the Foreman and 13 kiss, but the writing had been on the wall for that one.

Still, not without incident and a decent ep.

What did you think of 5x11? 11 votes

0% 0 votes
    45% 5 votes
    36% 4 votes
    18% 2 votes
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Davido84

I watch house online, I saw joy weeks ago, where are you watching it? I have to say though tp lug House MD as a drama series, I NEVER WATCHED A DRAMA SERIES IN MY LIFE, i am film man, but House MD i just can't get enough of it. I watched the every season, took me over 5 days but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

???

Joy to the world only came out this week

how the hell could you have seen it weeks ago

They have clearly changed the formula to the series this season, by spreading out the cast more they are more easily able to carry multiple plot strands easier (foreman, kutner, house, cuddy, wilson etc)

It does mean that some of your favourites dont get as much of a shout in as they use to and the central cases tend to shrink in complexity but it keeps the hospital drama going (maybe becoming too much like something between ER and scrubs?) and its better pacing wise.

Case wasnt particulary interesting this week, though fairly dramatic by the end of it. I really like Tau and Kutner, they seem to work together really well, between the last few episodes escapades and this weeks preasent/bullying plots they are consistently entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Davido84

sorry BlitzKrieg, confused it with "Joy" sorry gonna watch it so...
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    ???

Joy to the world only came out this week

how the hell could you have seen it weeks ago

They have clearly changed the formula to the series this season, by spreading out the cast more they are more easily able to carry multiple plot strands easier (foreman, kutner, house, cuddy, wilson etc)

It does mean that some of your favourites dont get as much of a shout in as they use to and the central cases tend to shrink in complexity but it keeps the hospital drama going (maybe becoming too much like something between ER and scrubs?) and its better pacing wise.

Case wasnt particulary interesting this week, though fairly dramatic by the end of it. I really like Tau and Kutner, they seem to work together really well, between the last few episodes escapades and this weeks preasent/bullying plots they are consistently entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I liked this episode, although I wasn't blown away with the uber-happy ending, why didn't they just leave the baby dead?? Although the Cuddy/adoption arc fits in well with it, but what are they doing with the House/Cuddy arc now?

And IMO the whole 13 and Foreman thing is meh. Chase and Cameron is enough of a love interest in the show, not really looking forward to this one, at least Chase and Cameron was believable, I just don't really buy Foreman and 13, one minute she's Bi and falling for some dying girl, the next she's going for Foreman, and I would have thought Foreman's ethics would have stopped him getting involved with a patient. Considering he goes out of his way to make sure he's not like House... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ste05 wrote: »
    And IMO the whole 13 and Foreman thing is meh. Chase and Cameron is enough of a love interest in the show, not really looking forward to this one, at least Chase and Cameron was believable, I just don't really buy Foreman and 13, one minute she's Bi and falling for some dying girl, the next she's going for Foreman, and I would have thought Foreman's ethics would have stopped him getting involved with a patient.
    When 13 snuffs it, Foreman will have his lost love to match House/Stacey, Cameron/husband and Wilson/Amber.

The immaculate conception spiel was classic House.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Ste05 wrote: »
    I liked this episode, although I wasn't blown away with the uber-happy ending, why didn't they just leave the baby dead?? Although the Cuddy/adoption arc fits in well with it, but what are they doing with the House/Cuddy arc now?

I think it will be relief when Cuddy finally gets a kid. She has been trying for so long now, it will be nice for her to move on when she gets one.

Imagine House was your dad...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I enjoyed the House/ Cuddy spats even more than usual on this episode. I didn't see the Kutner as bully bit coming, being convinced like Taub that he was the bullied. House trying to be nice in the clinic was fun. And did anyone spot Sherilyn Fenn as POTW's mother? Her star has fallen a long way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

laurie was on conan this week and is hosting snl.

Advertisement