Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resizing Images

Options
  • 10-12-2008 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Total noobie here!

I have a picture frame that holds 10 photos in a collage type thing.

I'm going to scan the photos and resize them on my pc, based on the measurements of the frame.

I'm wondering how will I print them? ...If I bring the resized images into a camera shop can they print them or will they just print standard sizes?

I don't want to use my printer to print them as the quality isn't great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

kinda depends on the size's being standards such as 4x6 or 5x7 or 8x10.

There are 2 things important (well probably more but two for the moment)

1) Make sure you scan at something like 300dpi so that you will have enough data to print accurate reproductions of the scans.

2) Use some software to apply an accurate crop to the images - for example Picassa or the Gimp in the free category or photoshop / lightroom in the big bucks category.

Crop using a ratio appropriate to the image size - 4x6 for example. It may cut out a little of the image but you'll find that it will print perfectly without being stretched or skewed. If you have multiple sizes in the collage frame then apply different crops as required.

Then just pop the final resulting JPG file onto a cd or memory stick and pop into your local developing lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bins

great:)

Advertisement