Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People in tattoo shops!!!!!

Options
  • 10-12-2008 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

iv worked in a couple of different studios in meath and dublin and i have to say nobody has qualms about bringing their children into tattoo and piercing studios, do people not realise these places are NOT the place 4 kids?!?!

also i've seen children who jus run amok completely and go into tattoo sections while the artist is working and Im'm sick of playing mother to these children because the parents let them do what they want!!!!!!!!!!!mad.gif
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Have you spoken with the managment about this?

Have you asked the parentls to come back with out children?

Just say that they can't be there for health and safety reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lisa Lowlife

of course!
    but then the next person comes in with their children......
    u can have signage up and it still makes no difference!
    i just think its wrong of a parent to bring a child to these places in the first place.

do u not agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

I dont have any problem with someone bringing their screaming sh1t machines into a tattoo/piercing studio if they are simply making an enquiry i.e not going to be in the place longer than 10 minutes.
    However if someone is coming in to get a tattoo done then the kid should be left elsewhere. Expecting most children to sit still and behave while the "adult" is getting tattooed is asking too much.
    There should be appropriate signage and shop-rules that are enforced. A "No under 18s beyond this point" style sign would/should have the effect of keeping underagers out of the area where the tattooist would be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wobbelyheadbob

Thats all well and good, but alot of parents will not have seen the sinage before coming to get work done and then its pretty much too late. you can either tell them they can not have the child with them while there being worked on in which case they'll have to leave and reschedule which will piss them off or
    allow them to leave there child in reception to run a muck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lisa Lowlife

im not saying your a bad parent if you bring a child into a tattoo parlour in the first place never mind when you're gettin tattooed but its hardly the most responsible thing to do?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'd say it's the employees job to politely reinforce any shop policies even if there is a sign, before asking the customer to leave if they continue to refuse to cooperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

You would have to be a complete muppet not to realise that tattoo shops are not for kids.Im not talking about going in and having a nose but people actually bring their kids in while they get tattooed.I thought health and safety reasons why they cant be there.Usually theres signs all over the place saying kids are not allowed in there.Its up to the owners to enforce this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

it is unbelievably difficult to reason with parents on this issue. For whatever reason, it seems many people think that being A) a customer, or B) a parent makes you more important than people who aren't.

I have seen people become enraged when you say that its inadvisable to allow (esp young) children into the tattooing area, or that you won't tattoo their 15/16/17 year old, or you won't tattoo their hands. TBH, the worst culripts are women, some of whom become indignant, rude and uppity. Often the word "rights" is bandied about in an innacurate manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

People tend to think they have a hell of a lot more rights and entitlements than they really do.

That pisses me off no end tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

People tend to think they have a hell of a lot more rights and entitlements than they really do.

That pisses me off no end tbh...

YEAH WILL!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

I would think it is a health risk to everybody having children running around a tattoo shop. Children's hand are hardly the cleanest at the best of times.

I think its the same as bring children to a pub. It just should not be done. They will be bored and will get their hands on something they shouldn't or disturb an artist, which could possibly cause a mistake in the tattoo....

And yes it is impossible to deal with the children or parents when it comes to keeping the kids under control, i mean how dare a staff member stop a child doing something that could cause the child harm. I've seen staff in other shops brought to tears by parents "How dare you tell my little Johnny to calm down and stop pulling things down onto the floor" kinda crap

Children don't enjoy being dragged into shops, I somehow thing they are going to hate waiting in a tattoo shop for more than 5 minutes..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

I would think it is a health risk to everybody having children running around a tattoo shop. Children's hand are hardly the cleanest at the best of times.

they shouldn't or disturb an artist, which could possibly cause a mistake in the tattoo....

Absolutely, especially disturbing a tattoo artist/piercer while they have the needle in a customers skin and a child decides to run in and then you can use your imagination to conjure possible consequences.

Children should be banned outright from a place where you need to be at least 16 to request the services available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

As a parent I totally agree, I would only ever pop into a studio to pick up a piece of jewellery or to make an appointment of something that would only take a minute or so, and at that would not let my son out of my arms/pram, there is no way in hell a child should be let run around in a tattoo or piercing studio!! It doesn't take a genius to work out why.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im of the same opinion of most of the posters here--However my 11 year old is absolutely fascinated with body mods and Ive let her watch me getting inked/pierced with the understanding of the artist that if she acts up then the session is finished and I come back next time without her.So far its never happened.

With regards to kids running mental then surely thats the parents fault for not controlling them.Which also goes for pubs(personally Iwould never bring my kids to a pub),restaurants etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I think kids of that age or o;lder are fine,im talking toddlers up to 7/8 they shouldnt be allowed in they get to bored.Same as you mykids like my tatts they actually picked out the dragon on my leg.But they werent there when i got it done.So any tattoo shops ive been in tell you no kids allowed it says on the poster cause of health and safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

well Im guilty of bringing my kids in, not while getting work done, no problem that I can see.
    As long as the kid is not running around. Its not easy getting spare time with kids :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

I wouldn't bring my kids in when getting inked, its my time and i enjoy getting inked, why would i want to ruin it by having to check what my 3 kids are doing LMAO

Advertisement