Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gap Year Travel

Options
  • 10-12-2008 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

I am thinking of taking a gap year and going traveling the world.

What I would like to do is:

Dublin > America > South America > Australia > New Zealand and Pacific Islands > Thailand > Hong Kong > Dublin

I was thinking of splitting this into 2 main stays (America and Australia) where I would work and then continue traveling.

Does anyone have any advice that they could give me on:

Best Travel Company
    Trip Costs
    Visas
    Countries to Visit / Avoid
    Jobs in America
    Jobs in Australia
    What to bring
    How much money to bring / have in an account

As regards work experience I have a B.Sc in Information Systems, and 1 1/2 years project management experience. My girlfriend have 2+ years banking experience. So what sort of jobs are out there in the US and OZ with current economic climate?

Any taughts / suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

This is an Australia/NZ forum so your answers will probably be limited to just those countries.

As for all your questions, these have been answered lots of times on this forum, do a search for visa, work etc and you'll get all the answers you need

Also do you have a visa for the US? I was always under the impression the US is damn hard to get a visa for if you don't have a green card etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Moved from Aus/NZ as I think the OP needs a more general response.

Advertisement