Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNASampling

Options
  • 10-12-2008 7:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

OK theres a lot of talk here about the whole DNA sampling and the RFID chipping.

I have a quick question if anyone can answer it.

if the Police Demand a DNA sample during questioning (last 3 times I was arrested they did) where do I stand on offering a Fecal Swab?

Serious question lads, I was watchin Inspector Rex last week and this popped up, which would seem to suggest that it is OK in Germany, anyone know anything about it, cos if its true it gives a great tactic to go wit the right to silence.

and I already know they wouldnt like/appreciate/approve of it, but Fukem they've already arrested ya at that stage so the only person you have to answer to is the Judge from there on in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

if the Police Demand a DNA sample during questioning (last 3 times I was arrested they did) where do I stand on offering a Fecal Swab?
    I'd say it's up to the police to use whatever method is easiest for them to obtain a sample. Afterall, you're the one under arrest and they are in control.
    Serious question lads, I was watchin Inspector Rex last week and this popped up, which would seem to suggest that it is OK in Germany, anyone know anything about it, cos if its true it gives a great tactic to go wit the right to silence.
    You really think it's a great plan? It wouldn't be an awlfull experience for someone in a professional environment. You're not doing any favors for yourself while under arrest by attempting to be a smart ass.
    and I already know they wouldnt like/appreciate/approve of it, but Fukem they've already arrested ya at that stage so the only person you have to answer to is the Judge from there on in.
    You wouldn't do yourself an favors by being uncooperative in a questioning situation. Just go through the motions and it will look better in front of a judge. Also, you don't only have to answer to the judge. If the police question you then it's in your interest to answer them. Otherwise you're obstructing the course of justice. Again, making life worse for yourself.

Ever wonder that it's your attitude that got you arrested 3 times? You'll do yourself no favors or impress anyone by being an ass to police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

I can see the newspaper now.

From The Courier-Mail
    Dissident Immigrant shows cops bare faced cheek.

Irish national, Mahatma Coat, was arrested last night for calling the Prime Minister an Antipodean Wallabee Shagger. When asked for the mandatory DNA swab, the non-conformist Coat turned his back on arresting office Bruce Jones, pulled down his trousers, bent over and said "Take it out of that, mate." Coat will appear in the District Court on Friday after his release from Princess Alexandra Hospital.

So, what did the lizzzzard's security boys do ya for? ;)

Shazbot wrote: »

Ever wonder that it's your attitude that got you arrested 3 times? You'll do yourself no favors or impress anyone by showing an ass to police.

Fixed your post. :D

Btw, he said "the last 3 times" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well, as far as I know, (ie what I've learned from watching CSI) you're not obliged to give a DNA sample. But if you refuse, the police just have to get a court order to force you, and if it's a situation where you've already been arrested, then it's a safe bet there's enough circumstantial evidence to convince a judge to give the court order.

And as Shazbot said, refusing on principle is just going to piss of the police. Granted, in a perfect world, that wouldn't matter. But in the real world, you should do what's in your own best interests and forget about principles, (of course, if you're guilty, you may want to refuse to give your DNA! ;) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

The last three times you were arrested you were asked for a DNA swab, what have you been allegedly up to???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I've posted this before but its relevant to this discusion
    http://www.boingboing.net/2008/07/28/law-prof-and-cop-agr.html

as for what I did, Beingdrunk, and havin a general dislike for the police, the cops here are lazy useless fukkers who pick what they percieve to be soft targets. the very last time I was nabbed I was dragged back tothe station because I 'refused' to produce ID, on a point of principal I dont cary ID, I even got an EFPOS card from the bank that dosent have a name on it

WhaLofShi wrote: »
    I can see the newspaper now.

From The Courier-Mail
    Dissident Immigrant shows cops bare faced cheek.

Irish national, Mahatma Coat, was arrested last night for calling the Prime Minister an Antipodean Wallabee Shagger. When asked for the mandatory DNA swab, the non-conformist Coat turned his back on arresting office Bruce Jones, pulled down his trousers, bent over and said "Take it out of that, mate." Coat will appear in the District Court on Friday after his release from Princess Alexandra Hospital.

So, what did the lizzzzard's security boys do ya for? ;)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Brilliant

the acompanying photo should be one of me with me Tinfoil Akubra :D

as for what I did, Beingdrunk, and havin a general dislike for the police,

That's interesting. If anyone can give me a reason why a DNA sample needs to be taken from a person whose crime is being drunk (and probably disorderly) I'd love to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Seriously Mahatma I know the police are not always perfect, let's be honest here. But purposely pissing them off knowing they may well take you down to the station and then complaining about it, come on. You're a foreigner so maybe they think you've overstayed a visa but you won't identify yourself so what are they gonna do? I don't carry ID myself but I do have my name on my bank card and credit card which has been useful to prove ID now and then. I can't see any reason why I'd want to hide my ID, even if I don't want to broadcast it. You need to cut back on the weed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It's a matter of choice whether or not to carry id (unless you are required by law).

In fairness though antagonizing the police for no reason other than, some paranoid delusion that the state, NWO, aliens & smurfs are out to get you is just plan dumb, not to mention selfish to waste their time.

• Advertisement

Selfish!!! Selfish of me to waste their time, in all the times I have been Arrested dragged off in the back of a squad car shoved in lockup, harassed and denied my basic rights by these little bullyboys, not once have I been CONVICTED of anything, have even had a few cases dismissed when the judge has read the facts.

but its SELFISH of ME to think that in a 'Free' society I can wander home from the pub unimpeded

to quote RTDH
    :rolleyes:

OK I noticed that those Boing Boing links dont work, so here are the youtubes I was on about

Lawyer

Cop

fairly sound advice, even if the 5th is not a privelige in your part of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Selfish!!! Selfish of me to waste their time, in all the times I have been Arrested dragged off in the back of a squad car shoved in lockup, harassed and denied my basic rights by these little bullyboys, not once have I been CONVICTED of anything, have even had a few cases dismissed when the judge has read the facts.

but its SELFISH of ME to think that in a 'Free' society I can wander home from the pub unimpeded

to quote RTDH
    :rolleyes:

I'm not saying you did anything majorly wrong I'm just saying that you obviously are happy to piss them off. So instead of defusing the situation you make it worse. Do you ever wonder why you seem to get taken to the station a lot?

Advertisement