Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBay dealer Swift Supplies - cheap lightstand

Options
  • 10-12-2008 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this is legit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Professional-Photo-Studio-Lighting-Light-Stand-Tripod_W0QQitemZ350136280919QQihZ022QQcategoryZ3860QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Price seems unbelievably low. I'm sure it's a pretty flimsy lightstand, but as some of you may remember I posted recently about having broken the top spigot of a light stand (well a boom arm) and it looks just like picture 5, so I'd nearly buy this light stand just to get that bit. Try as I might I absolutely cannot find anywhere that has the thing in picture 5, I came close with DML but unfortunately no cigar. The boom wasn't expensive or anything, but it's a pain that it's sitting there, useless for the want of one of those little things!

Anyway what do you think, am I crazy to buy this to canibalize it? To be honest that's not far above the price I was thinking I'd have to shell for the little spigot if I could find it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I have a couple of those stand Pope, and while I'm sure they wouldn't be suitable for big lights, they are perfect for holding a brolly and a speedlight for sure.

Go get it tiger!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭dakar

I hope is ebay user name isn't warning to those who frequent this place:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Looks very similar to the light stands I have which are ok, wouldnt mind heavier ones but they do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

No shippy to ze Republic :(

I might bring what I have into DML over the xmas if they are open at all, seeing as I'll be up that side of the country, hopefully they can help out!

Seems you can get every sort of bit & piece online but that one!

Advertisement