Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone ever bought from this site?

Options
  • 10-12-2008 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

Just looking for advice here - the cheapest place online I can find the camera I'm looking for is here:

SimplyElectronics.net

I'm just wondering if anyone here has bought anything from there before - they seem too good to be true as what I'm looking for is €200 cheaper than any shops and almost €100 cheaper than any online shop and e-bay! They will also offer free standard delivery to anywhere in Europe? :eek:

Are they too good to be true I wonder?!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭al_

Id never heard of them, apparently this guy has. http://simplyelectronicsnet.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

artyeva wrote: »
    Just looking for advice here - the cheapest place online I can find the camera I'm looking for is here:

SimplyElectronics.net

I'm just wondering if anyone here has bought anything from there before - they seem too good to be true as what I'm looking for is €200 cheaper than any shops and almost €100 cheaper than any online shop and e-bay! They will also offer free standard delivery to anywhere in Europe? :eek:

Are they too good to be true I wonder?!

Thanks!

Great if the item has a manufacturers warranty and is despatched from within the EU.

However, they only offer their own warranty and possibly post from Hong Kong where they are really based resulting in you been liable for VAT.

Their UK office Unit 32 is actually a house, No 32, in a residential estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

ugg ugg ugg ugg ugg ugg

I feel sick..... I had just about scraped the money together to buy the camera from their site but looks now like I'll have to save a bit more - these guys sound like complete shysters!!!!

I'm just wondering though where you got the address though, as I have just trawled through their site and cannot find any address anywhere (that should have been a clue, shouldn't it? duh!) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

artyeva wrote: »
    ugg ugg ugg ugg ugg ugg

I feel sick..... I had just about scraped the money together to buy the camera from their site but looks now like I'll have to save a bit more - these guys sound like complete shysters!!!!

I'm just wondering though where you got the address though, as I have just trawled through their site and cannot find any address anywhere (that should have been a clue, shouldn't it? duh!) :P

I found this address here:
    SimplyElectronics Limited
    Unit 7, 8th Floor
    682 Castle Peak Road
    Kowloon
    HongKong

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭al_

Maybe post the make and model of the camera youre looking for and people can post where they found it or would go for it at its cheapest.
    Just an idea..
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

kjt - thanks for that. This has sealed the deal - I won't be going near them. Although I've since found that the ratio of people happy with them to people who are in a dealock is about 50:50 I just can't take a chance with €400!!!!

Al - brilliant idea, thanks

:)

Advertisement