Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-town this weekend??

Options
  • 09-12-2008 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Just looking at magic seaweed there for garretstown saturday and it looks like it will be good.(open to correction):pac: but not sure whether to head down or not.
    Best time is around low tide right?As high tide theres no room down there?
    Heres the msw tide thing:
    MSW.jpg

Looking to head down early in the morning,in the water for 9 or 10.Thats about 2-3 hours before low tide.Should it be any good at this time?
    Any advice much appreciated,havent been out in ages,finally i get a saturday off where we can head down but need to go in the morning.Just dont wana make the trip if its the wrong time to go:D
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

those forecasts are usually only accurate 1 day ahead. No point in making surf plans for the weekend as it will change.

buuut if it does stay relatively the same, 20ft swell, 13sec period, 8mph wind and a 9am/10am start sounds good to me.

inchydoney might look good too

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Looks good to me too.
    I normally find that the tide times on that site are out by about an hour, i'd check this on the day , just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭spider77

Sunday is starting to look nice :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tonyfillony

i would take the old magicseaweed charts with a pinch of salt. the amount of wasted hours driving down to gtown and inchidoney is unreal because of those charts. check windguru as well. me thinks inchidoney will be better sunday any how

Advertisement