Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc movies on tv

Options
  • 09-12-2008 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi i desperately want to be able to watch movies kept on my pc on my sitting room tv and have no way of knowing how to go about this!

any advice? my pc and tv are about 10ft apart and the sound isnt a prob as ive wireless headphones.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

You could connect your pc to your tv via a vga cable (if your tv has a vga input), thats how I watch movies from my laptop. Or you could buy a media server and transfer your movies onto it, they can connect to your tv via scart. My sister got a 500gb one for roughly €130 through expansys.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭hotshots85

Yeah i'd go with the VGA cable,have done it myslef, but make sure to either buy one with a 3.5 mm jack built in or pick one up seperately, that way the sound from your computer will run through the tv speakers. They can be picked up pretty cheaply too,

they have them in power city for €12 for both but there only about 2m, never priced the longer ones

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

Do you have an xbox360?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

A HDMI connection is better, if your PC has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I use a DVI to HDMI cable

I didn't buy the one in that link but that's an example of a 5M DVI to HDMI cable. That should get from your PC to TV :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement