Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Binman

Options
  • 09-12-2008 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭

my 6 mthly bill for MR Binman has just arrived. Before I renew I thought I would post here to see if anybody else uses any other bin company that is cheaper than Mr Binman. I live in the general Ballyneety area, and I know I should probably post this in the Limerick County section, but I think more people read the city section?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,171 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

sorry if im being naive but what other garbage companies are there to choose from? I pay rent and it is included and have never really looked into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

bazz26 wrote: »

Their website states you MUST RENT A BIN from them for collection. They don't appear to collect every week either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Im with Cleanirl. cheaper than mr binman. two bins, one wet waste, one recycling (holds a lot more than those bags). collected every second week (wet one week, recycling the next). theres also a kerbside glass collection i think 6-8 times a year. currently billing for the next 3 months so that there will never be a bill at christmas again (they will revert to 6 month billing in march).
    have a temp office set up in limerick for xmas period

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

zuroph wrote: »
    Im with Cleanirl. cheaper than mr binman. two bins, one wet waste, one recycling (holds a lot more than those bags). collected every second week (wet one week, recycling the next). theres also a kerbside glass collection i think 6-8 times a year. currently billing for the next 3 months so that there will never be a bill at christmas again (they will revert to 6 month billing in march).
    have a temp office set up in limerick for xmas period

How much is the rent on the bin....we have 3 wheely bins, we don't need another one!!

• Advertisement

off the top of my head, im paying 77 euro for the next 3 months. i suppose their truck only suits their bins. chop up your old bins and stick them in the recycling bin! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

We use CleanIrl + are happy with them.
    We have 1 bin for wet waste + 1 bin for recycled paper/plastic stuff, the collection alternates every week, twas wet waste last week + recycled stuff this week.
    They only charge for the weight of the wet waste, the recycleable collection is free of charge. We have never filled the wet bin but we would often fill the paper bin. Having a bin for the recycled paper is handier than putting it into plastic bags that the local cats can rip apart.
    I dont know what they mean by Renting a bin from them, when we signed up they delivered 2 bins to our house.
    Got a bill during the week for the next 3 months, think it was just over €80 for 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Amongst Royalty

banjobongo wrote: »
    my 6 mthly bill for MR Binman has just arrived. Before I renew I thought I would post here to see if anybody else uses any other bin company that is cheaper than Mr Binman. I live in the general Ballyneety area, and I know I should probably post this in the Limerick County section, but I think more people read the city section?

I'm not far from Ballyneety and there is another company that collect bins from a lot of houses on my development but at the moment I just can't think if the name. Grrr lol.

I'll go outside & have a look at someone's bin for you if that helps?

They did a massive leaflet drop and lots of people changed over to them so I can presume they must be cheaper than Mr Binman.

Have noticed it's the same company as the above posters have mentioned.

I'm going to have a look myself. We're paying €45 atm per month with Mr Binman - surly I can get it cheaper elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

banjobongo wrote: »

Ja$us, never a truer comment said, got my 6 month bill from Mr. fcucking Binman too... Total: 303.69 euro!!! it's now dearer than my car insurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

+1 for CleanIrl

and they dont change collections on bank holidays !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Tootsie

Clean Ireland are the cheapest I think,they charge you a standard fee for the first 6 months,and then average it out for the next 6 on the weight of the wet waste.
    Mr Binman are robbers & everyone I know has left them and gone to CI are are happy withe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

I suppose to be able to compare the prices it's neccessary to look at the different bin sizes as well. What size do the cleanireland bins come in? I have a 140l bin from Mr Binman at the moment, which costs me around 170€ for 6 months. It's only 2 people in the household, so bin is more than big enough, never even half full.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

brousuka wrote: »
    Ja$us, never a truer comment said, got my 6 month bill from Mr. fcucking Binman too... Total: 303.69 euro!!! it's now dearer than my car insurance!
    303 euro? thats a disaster. I paid 200 euro for 5 months. next bill is in march. one medium wheelie bin and 50 recycle bags for for every 3 months. I don't know how much waste you dispose of but it looks like Mr binman is charging you for a skip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

303 euro for 6 months sounds excessive. I have the small bin, don't know what capacity that is, and it normally comes in at around 160-180 every 6 months. If CleanIRL are around 70-80 for 3 months, then that's not much of a saving.

I prefer to have both collected every week, not alternate weeks. A grass collection during the summer would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

+1 clean ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I need to make a decision soon so based on the positive feedback on this thread (thanks guys :)) I called CleanIreland (who I see have recently opened a new office in Limerick BTW) but unfortunately they dont service our area :(
    So if CleanIreland dont service my area are my options really just down to Mr Binman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Manage your waste. Anything that will decompose put it somewhere in the garden, these are usually the heaviest things people throw away like potato skins, gone off fruit etc... I keep a bowl the size of a fruit bowl in the back kitchen and throw any bio into it. This then goes to a location in the garden were it reduces to nothing.

Crush your bottles and tear up boxes to get more into your recycling bag. Even milk bottles and juice cartons.

Then you only need a smaller bin from Mr Binman and pay by weight. If you manage your waste well enough you should only have to put out a bag every other week (double that for 3+ kids ;) and will probably get a credit on your next invoice.

The better you manage your waste the more money you will save and the better for the environment also

Just my 2c :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

+1 for MCOS's post.
    I've got a green cone in my garden that takes all food waste, I recycle virtually everything else. The only thing that I send to landfill is the likes of plastic wrapping and bits and pieces. There's not going to be any food in this so if you had the space you could leave it in your shed & take it to the landfill yourself once every few months for about a tenner a car load. I fill a small kitchen sized bin every month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

jor el wrote: »
    I prefer to have both collected every week, not alternate weeks.
    We thought that too when they brought in the recycle bin and every second week collection. But we discovered we dont need weekly collection of wet waste now. We used to fill our bin every week but since the recycling started we just about fill it every 2 weeks. This is for a family of 4 by the way.

jor el wrote: »
    303 euro for 6 months sounds excessive. I have the small bin, don't know what capacity that is, and it normally comes in at around 160-180 every 6 months. If CleanIRL are around 70-80 for 3 months, then that's not much of a saving.

I prefer to have both collected every week, not alternate weeks. A grass collection during the summer would be nice.
    get a composting bin! it almost empties itself every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 buddygit

zuroph wrote: »
    get a composting bin! it almost empties itself every week.
    I am thinking about getting a compost bin for kitchen waste, grass etc., How efficient are they? how long does it take to make the compost and is there any type/make you would recommend. I have a small garden - soil is not great, clay and wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭paddy smith

better off sticking to your local councils for waste collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

better off sticking to your local councils for waste collection.

Not an option in the Limerick area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement