Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Photography Book - Website

Options
  • 09-12-2008 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    If you had your photo published in the book and want your photo & info displayed on the books website - PM me. I will then get back to you with the next step :)

The site should be live in two weeks so I will need you to have the next step (which I shall send to you after you pm me) completed by Friday the 19th.

NO EXCEPTIONS*

Kyle

*their may be exceptions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

If we're putting the photos and info on a website, why will anyone need to buy the book?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

City-Exile wrote: »
    If we're putting the photos and info on a website, why will anyone need to buy the book?

I think he means a picture of you, the photographer, by 'your photo' instead of the pic you have in the book. And info = contact details for you, the photographer...

If a photo of you is enough for them so they don't have to buy the book, we should all be models not photographers! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

The photos won't be very big 150-250pixels max. This is mainly here to promote the photographers and the book. It's to help people find the photo they saw in the book(they hopefully already own) and get in touch with the photography for a print/ see more of their work.

We're not just giving away a free Ebook....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

hey kyle

just an idea

if you would like, if you offer prints to people. I would offer to do the prints for people and give 20% of the print sales to the SSF

not sure how we police it etc. but i would be into having a discussion to see if we could make it work

Interesting idea Steve!

The website itself won't have the ability to order prints. It will allow people to get in touch with the individual photographer and organise it between themselves....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

cool kyle

i just thought it might be a way to leverage some more money for the ssf

i would deff offer the 20%, i guess if everyone involved knew about it, its a way to add more to the ssf

the other option is, me and one of the mods here are working n a way to sell prints online, maybe we could use that if it helps?

Hey Guys,
    Little update on this. I've had 12/13 pm's, 6follow on emails from that. There doesn't seem to be much interest in this as a whole so I'm starting to think whether it's worth my time. I won't be getting it done before Christmas and shall then be down south for a week/so. If theirs enough interest I may go ahead with it, but as it stands I think a plain one page site would do the job.

Let me know what you all think!

Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Hi Kyle, i didnt realise this was going ahead.

Im interested if your still going with it, but ill leave it till after Christmas now when your ready to go again

John

Cheers John.

Anybody who's interested and hasn't PM'ed me yet, please sent a pm over so I have an idea of numbers and if it's worth it. I'll see what the deal is by the 10th or so and then get cracking if theirs people interested.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

Didn't see this thread, but interested, sure why not... PM to-be-sent...

B.

• Advertisement

It looks like this thread got a bit lost on people when first posted it. Theirs been a little bit more interest but we'll see for definite in January if we have enough to go through. If you know anybody who had a photograph in the book and might not have seen this, let them know to pm me :)

Thanks,
    Kyle

Advertisement