Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MiniDisc recorders?

Options
  • 08-12-2008 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

Hi Music Producers,

Just wondering if the trusty ol' MiniDisc recorder is still in use in the industry? I had them for years and currently have a Sony MZ-RH10 in excellent nick that is gathering dust in the house. It was fantastic for live recordings and some studio work, but I've no reason to use it anymore and was just wondering what to do with it.

I was thinking about throwing it up on adverts.ie for a small price, as it's no use to me, but I'm not even sure if they're used anymore or if it's totally outdated.

Mods, I know this seems like an ad, but it's not a preamble to some sale (even though it does look like it!) I'm just trying to gauge if they're still any use, as I've been out of the loop for a few years now. I will throw it and the accessories onto adverts if they're a market out there, so if this post is against the charter feel free to remove.

Considering how much it cost at the time (only about three years ago), it''d be a shame to throw it out considering I don't think I really got value from it, and they appeared to become obsolete very quickly.

Cheers,

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aido43

I still use a MiniDisc for work,train etc and used a 8 track for a while--it was a great system and a good way to learn basics.The MZ RH10 was one of the large gb models and used HI MD discs if I remember--ive seen blank standard MDs but dont think HI Mds caught on. If youre sellimg MZ Id be interested as my Md s getting a bit battered .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I use mine for recording guitar. I have the same one I think, actually a great piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Still in production by Tascam, as are cassette players.
    They still sell about 70 a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Hopefully it'll be of some use to someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

I still use mine too but I broke it recently, I would be interested in buying it from you Juvenal. Please let me know by pm price, many thanks!

I have always relied on my trusty mini disk to get me through jams or laying down any ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Can't off-thread deal I'm afraid, I had it on adverts.ie but it looks like I've already arranged a sale with someone there though.

Thanks.

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Aw, okay! :o

Advertisement