Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Korea

Options
  • 08-12-2008 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

Will hopefully be moving to South Korea for a year [starting in February 09], maybe a little longer.

Any advice, tips, things to see or avoid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭buccsboyo

Hey dude, cool what are you going doing over there? How did you organise work? I was there a few months ago its class. Was just in Seoul but heard great things about Jeju Island as well. It is a very insular country they historically dont get on with any of their neighbours and tend to have a bit of a siege mentality. So if you dont find them warm at first dont worry once you get to know them they are great. I travelled with some in Oz for a while and they were great craic. You can get anywhere in the country very quickly they have an amazing train network. For a westener it will be no problem to live there although not everyone speaks English most young people have a little. And suposedly Korean is easier to learn than Chinese or Japanese.The food is amazing I loved the bulgogi beef.
    Heres some pics of Seoul and the DMZ with North Korea.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/7374866@N04/sets/72157606979289409/
    hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Thanks for the reply buccsboyo.
    We are going teaching English for a year, we have had most of the important stuff sorted out by a TEFL company so it was pretty easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

Hi

Know someone who made the move 4 years ago. Best thing they ever did. Im actually going there next wednesday for 3 weeks!!!!!! Will b able to tell you more when i get back!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

Hiya!!I'm teaching English here at the minute - been here for 2 months. Its great!Loads to do. I live a bit outside Seoul but we go there at weekends and there's always something going on. PM me if you want any more info!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Thanks for the information.

kittycati - let me know what you thing of the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Don't forget to try a Lotteria bulgalbi burger. freakin' lovely

Advertisement