Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 3X11 - "I Had a Dream" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 08-12-2008 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭

TV.com summary:
    Dexter has hard times distancing himself from Miguel, after all he's still Dexter's Best Man. Rita has her own dilemma now that she knows Miguel's been seeing another woman.

In anticipation of what is guaranteed to be an awesome episode, here's the thread for it :D. Can't wait to watch this later myself, stupid work/college :mad: delaying the experience...

What did you think of S3E11, "I Had a Dream"? 37 votes

Too awesome for words...
    0%
    Very good
    40%
    Mossy MonkOur man in Havanateck-x5oklaJ-blkawhir#Smokey#Amtmannqwertplaywertgsxr1Also Starring LeVar BurtonProjectColossusSelkiestayto909sean6477 15 votes
    Watchable
    56%
    Sir Digby Chicken CaesarCodeMonkeybizmarkCatsmokinpottoxofSnake PliskenDingDongTristramOctavarIanThe Gnome5starpoolL31mr0dFearDarkGingervitisFletch123KriegBlack_KnightTheAlmightyZeusaquanetjonny oneball 21 votes
    Bad, bad, bad...
    2%
    Stark 1 vote
    Craptacular
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Watchable
    Typical Dexter episode :D

Although the ending I felt was very underwhelming, I was expecting something more grandiose and drawn out. It all seemed very rushed. I like how the colour faded after he killed Miguel though, that was a nice touch. The next episode will probably be pretty devoid of 'action'.

Also realised how much of this season has been filler. Pretty disappointing in that regard.

Even though Rita is in the episode summary that whole thing isn't in the episode at all. She has about two minutes of screen time ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Watchable
    OctavarIan wrote: »
    Typical Dexter episode :D

Although the ending I felt was very underwhelming, I was expecting something more grandiose and drawn out. It all seemed very rushed. I like how the colour faded after he killed Miguel though, that was a nice touch. The next episode will probably be pretty devoid of 'action'.

Also realised how much of this season has been filler. Pretty disappointing in that regard.

Even though Rita is in the episode summary that whole thing isn't in the episode at all. She has about two minutes of screen time ha.

I don't know about that,
    Ramon's quite a threat, I'd say Dexter's probably got his guard down now, plus Deb'll hopefully make the connection between Dexter and the Ice Truck Killer, to set up a decent story arc for next season.

Decent episode, but not amazing, a bit like the season. The first two seasons were self contained; in this one the writers have been forced to start from scratch (the wedding and Miguel), so they've done pretty well considering what they've had to deal with.
    8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Very good
    I liked this episode better than any other this season, but as pointed out this season is hardly outstanding, like 1 & 2 were.
    It'd be nice if this season ends on a cliffhanger that will set up season 4 so that it can move along swiftly.
    I also think that there's more to Quinn than meets the eye - like a Transformer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Very good
    It did indeed go in a very different direction from what I thought it would. And the fact that Dexter was grabbed by the bachelor party group was a bit disappointing - I was almost hoping to see Dex in a disadvantage, grabbed by the skinner. It seems that may still happen when he goes up against Ramon, as per Miguel's final words... I've still thoroughly enjoyed the season though and I'm intrigued by where it will all end. Not too sure what the whole point of the skinner still is though now...

And yeah, I don't know what the heck is up with that TV.com summary, that's at least half wrong :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Very good
    J-blk wrote: »
    It did indeed go in a very different direction from what I thought it would. And the fact that Dexter was grabbed by the bachelor party group was a bit disappointing - I was almost hoping to see Dex in a disadvantage, grabbed by the skinner. It seems that may still happen when he goes up against Ramon, as per Miguel's final words... I've still thoroughly enjoyed the season though and I'm intrigued by where it will all end. Not too sure what the whole point of the skinner still is though now...

And yeah, I don't know what the heck is up with that TV.com summary, that's at least half wrong :).

why did I just read your post?

I have it downloaded still unrared . waiting to watch it in ten minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Watchable
    J-blk wrote: »
    It seems that may still happen when he goes up against Ramon, as per Miguel's final words... I've still thoroughly enjoyed the season though and I'm intrigued by where it will all end. Not too sure what the whole point of the skinner still is though now...

Miguel was probably talking about the skinner instead of his brother. I think the skinner might get caught and id dexter as someone Miguel wanted dead. That, and the shirt they might find when they raid Miguel's house and Debs info will cause Dexter to be under the spot light next season. I am very curious as to what happens next and how they conclude season 3. Not a bad episode.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Watchable
    Pity it turnred out to be the batchelor party, was really looking forward to a bit of action, bit sad Miguel is gone now - let down how he was killed too, was rushed also, i was watching the timer and with 2 minutes left i was thinking Dexter is not going to kill this guy in 2 minutes lol. Whats the deal with the skinner now? Where is it going?

How many episodes left in this season? For me the season is already over now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Watchable
    One more to go Season Finale next Sunday night, if any of you caught the end credits of this episode, it looks good with Dex's wedding day and
    Miquels brother telling Dex his brother wanted him to be his body guard to protect him from Dex, also see Dex tied to a table, probably by the skinner and Dex's apartment trashed by Miguel's brother

Very good
    gsxr1 wrote: »
    why did I just read your post?

I have it downloaded still unrared . waiting to watch it in ten minutes

Sorry :). Thread is spoiler-tagged though... hopefully you still enjoyed the episode.
    CodeMonkey wrote: »
    info will cause Dexter to be under the spot light next season.

To some degree, that was already the main plot of season 2, so I'm not too sure they'd revisit the same idea so soon again. It is looking though like certain things from this season might not be resolved and carry into the next one, something which was not the case with the first 2 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Watchable
    Good episode, but I wish I hadn't watched the "synopsis" teaser at the end of the episode as it has effectively ruined the finale now :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Very good
    the ending was quite shocking....

enjoyed it all the same.

roll on next sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Surprised Miguel went down here. I thought they would save it for the finale. I am not really sure how the final episode will work out, clearly the wedding will be the main event but I am not really seeing how there will be much tension.
    Decent episode, but not amazing, a bit like the season. The first two seasons were self contained; in this one the writers have been forced to start from scratch (the wedding and Miguel), so they've done pretty well considering what they've had to deal with.
    8/10

This pretty much sums up my thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Very good
    Awesome this week.

I assume that Dexter will skin Miguel to blame it on the skinner?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Looks like that alright. I think that's why he strangled him. Didn't the skinner strangle his victims? One thing though, didn't the skinner skin them while they were alive? Surely the post mortem would show those cuts were made after miguel was killed (that's if he skins him) or have I just watched too much csi.

Very good
    or have I just watched too much csi.

In CSI though, the killer does not get to do the forensics himself :D. It would most likely be Dexter doing the forensics analysis and he could cover himself... I can't remember if the skinner strangles people though - I thought most of them just died from their wounds or something? Even though I've seen a preview of the next episode (embedded into the end credits of this one), I'm still expecting some twists and turns. Can't wait :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

One thing though, didn't the skinner skin them while they were alive? Surely the post mortem would show those cuts were made after miguel was killed (that's if he skins him) or have I just watched too much csi.

Not if he skinned him immediately, it takes a few minutes before blood starts to congeal.

Thought it was a good episode, liked the whole touch with the cops being the ones that grabbed him, not the skinner, didn't see it coming at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

slipss wrote: »
    Not if he skinned him immediately, it takes a few minutes before blood starts to congeal.

Hmm, you've done this before haven't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,935 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Bad, bad, bad...
    Miguel sure went down easily. Doakes was a far more compelling adversary.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Very good
    I agree 100%. Doakes was not a push over at all.

Advertisement