Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

primary school

Options
  • 08-12-2008 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi, i am new here. i have few questions to ask related to the primary schools for my 4 yr old daughter.( i am a foreign national in ireland. )

1. i am renting in laurel lodge, Castleknock. the primary school of my local parish told me that i only need to bring my dauther's birth cert.and utility bills with our name on it on the Feb. 2009 to get my dauther in for the year 2009 intake. Is that normal process to book a primary school, as i heard some people booked the place when their children are just babies?

2. I am thinking of settlling down in either maynooth or kilcock next year or two, could anyone please tell me do maynooth and kilcock have similar national promary schools facilities and standards? or maybe one place has more choices than the other?

3. will that be possible if we live in kilcock but my daughter can go to primary school in maynooth if we wish?

4.Is it difficult to transfer my daugher from one school to another when we move castleknock to maynooth/kilcock? A lot of waiting?

Sorry for asking those silly questions, i just want to look at all the choices are available to me. I would be appreciated if i could get any answers. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bcdillon

Because of population growth in many areas over last few years and because of underinvestment by governmnet in education, some schools are finding that they do not have enough places to enrol all pupils.
    Thus many are having to be more restrictive in criteria for enrolment, mainly limiting enrolment to children who live in catchment area of school.
    Thus schools seek utility bill as a from of proof of address of applicant.
    Generally in rest of country enrolment is hardly ever a problem with children being able to move schools quite freely. It helps to talk to principal teachers weel in advance to see if there are any restrictions

Advertisement