If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer Plasmas Prices Slashed!!!!

Options
  • 08-12-2008 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Hi John and everybody at RS,
    I see that Pioneer have slashed prices on their range of 50 inch plasmas. Are RS going to pass this saving on to boardies. Would be very interested in buying at new prices and would prefer to buy from RS if possible. Hope to hear from you soon finding it hard to restrain myself from purchasing LX5090 , just want to see what RS can offer.
    All the best,
    Moo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

Can't wait to see the reply,
    ditto here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

I've just seen the LX5090 on the richersounds.co.uk for £1799, this is for the screen only no stand or speakers. That's just over 2000euros, mmmm.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Awesome, if you guys can get this TV in Ireland, you'll have another customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

mmm mmm mmm
    very temptating offer,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 byrneda

I'm currently trying to order in the PDP508XD from london (will let you all know about the price for courier).

Is anyone able to contact Richer Sounds at all?
    I've been trying on 04890 321332, but keep getting their voicemail.
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I guess the RS guys are busy this time of year as they were very prompt with their replies when I ordered my tv and amp/speakers from them in July. Have you tried sending an email to them or else try emailing the MD, John McDonald at JohnMc@richersounds.ie.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

dear Boardies,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you - we are up to our ears up here at the moment:

Here are the new Pioneer prices:

PDP-LX5090 - £1799.95
    KRP-500A - £2149.95 (especially Good value)!
    KRL-32V - £949.95
    KRL - 37V - £1149.95

All the above come with a 5 year Pioneer warranty included and delivey anywhere in Ireland for Boardies is just £20!!!!

Hope that keeps all boardies happy!

PS - I know our phones are crazy at the moment - and we are fully staffed again but we just cannot answer the phones quick enough - if you would like to mail us instead we will respond to your mails within 24 hours or of course if you leave your number on the answering machine we will get back to you.

Thanks as ever,

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mussdemi

Hi John, great deal from you on the krp500A as discussed the other day. I hope to order one from you straight after xmas. Hopefully you can get them sooner than mid january when operations and courier companies start picking up again. :D

Wishing you and everyone on the board a jolly festive seasons greeting. :cool:

Just seen that Richersounds are selling the LX5090 for £1699 in the sale, got a message via email. Just a heads up for those thinking about purchasing a new TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 byrneda

Just seen that Richersounds are selling the LX5090 for £1699 in the sale, got a message via email. Just a heads up for those thinking about purchasing a new TV.

You dancer!
    Brill :)
    I was thinking of heading up to see them next monday or tuesday, but sounds like I'll have to order it from them now :)
    Cheers for the update.

• Advertisement

byrneda wrote: »
    You dancer!
    Brill :)
    I was thinking of heading up to see them next monday or tuesday, but sounds like I'll have to order it from them now :)
    Cheers for the update.

Yep Boys, (and thx for the hint Moolers!) The PDP LX5090 is now down to £1699.95 with just £20 delivery in the sale....

...And even better it's available from stock!

Just drop us a line to sales@richersounds.ie or johnmc@richersounds.ie if we can assist in any way,

Thanks again Moolers,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26 razor69

Hi All, first post here. Dropped up to Belfast store last week. Must say Dave was extremely helpful, he knows his stuff. Looking at getting the 5090 with undermount speaker, wall mount and Denon 1909(NOW £299!!) So really pleased now with the extra £100 off the tv in this sale. Bit peeved about Pioneer`s own 5 year warranty offer ending in Dec:(! But still hoping there could be way round this;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

razor69 wrote: »
    Bit peeved about Pioneer`s own 5 year warranty offer ending in Dec:(! But still hoping there could be way round this;)

What!!?

The Pioneer 5 year warranty deal is supposed to run until the end of January, is RS not doing this?

Details here:
    http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/extra/62/413/warranty/5Y.html
    http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/extra/62/413/warranty/5Ytandc.html

I'd be very disappointed if RS aren't offering this, Alliance Electric are still doing it, I'm thinking of getting a 500a myself.

Hi All, first post here. Dropped up to Belfast store last week. Must say Dave was extremely helpful, he knows his stuff. Looking at getting the 5090 with undermount speaker, wall mount and Denon 1909(NOW £299!!) So really pleased now with the extra £100 off the tv in this sale. Bit peeved about Pioneer`s own 5 year warranty offer ending in Dec:(! But still hoping there could be way round this;)

Guys - I think Dave must have been having an off day!! The Pioneer 5 Year warranty runs until January 31st 2009 - apologies Boardies!

ATB,

John Mc

Yeah I was told it was something to do with them (ie Richersounds) not being a (S1... I think it was?) Pioneer Dealer/Partner. REALLY wasn't pleased to hear about this . As I said earlier hopefully there's some way round this? Need to move fast as I think Sterling is starting to gain against The Euro again! Let me know if any of you guys hear anything in regards the pio warranty. Thanks.

johnmc wrote: »
    Guys - I think Dave must have been having an off day!! The Pioneer 5 Year warranty runs until January 31st 2009 - apologies Boardies!

No bother, that is great :)

Yeah I was told it was something to do with them (ie Richersounds) not being a (S1... I think it was?) Pioneer Dealer/Partner. REALLY wasn't pleased to hear about this . As I said earlier hopefully there's some way round this? Need to move fast as I think Sterling is starting to gain against The Euro again! Let me know if any of you guys hear anything in regards the pio warranty. Thanks.

Razor - just to clarify again (I did do this on the post previous to your post) - Richer Sounds Belfast IS a properly appointed SD2 AND SD1 dealer - so please don't believe what other dealers tell you - our SD contract was signed by Pioneer GB on October 10th 2008 and continues a long tradation of Richer Belfast being a top ranking Pioneer dealer (we were previously a Pioneer WORKS dealer for many years). If you have any issues or doubts you can of course contact Pioneer GB who will confirm our status.

Hope that clarifys any doubts or issues,

Best regards,

John Mc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mussdemi

I agree with John, I was told differently by a few people abour R.S not being a fullly approved Pioneer reseller and hence 5 year warranties not being valid however as John mentioned this is incorrect. the belfast branch and Fulham branch in London are the authorised resellers which is great news. :) See link http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/extra/62/413/warranty/5y_dealers.html

Apologies John. I posted that last 1 from my phone browser before your first reply. There must have been a delay. I'm just happy that all my worries about the warranty have been put to bed. Now just looking forward to getting my whole new Av set up from yourselves in the next couple of weeks. Regards. Razor.

Hi John. Listen just wondering if you have the 5090, PDP S63 undermount speaker and whatever wall bracket you recommend (Dave advised against pioneer's own bracket) for this set up in store. I want to get it before warranty cut off (31 Jan). I will be collecting it in person and just wanted to know the order time? Or whether I can just walk in unannounced with the £ in hand?

• Advertisement

The free 5 year warranty has been extended to the 31 March.

Nice 1 Moolers. John rang me last week. Has my 5090 on hold for me to collect this Fri/Sat. Getting the tv for £1699.99 undermount speaker for £89.99 and Vogel wall bracket for £40.00. Great deal coming in for around 400 less than A.E on George's St Dublin.

Nice 1 Moolers. John rang me last week. Has my 5090 on hold for me to collect this Fri/Sat. Getting the tv for £1699.99 undermount speaker for £89.99 and Vogel wall bracket for £40.00. Great deal coming in for around 400 less than A.E on George's St Dublin.

Nice one man, enjoy your set. I have my KRP for a month now and am loving it. :)

Congrats mate. Can I ask what avr your using with your KRP? Was considering the 806 but bad reviews on pq. Some blue dots on screen when outputting 1080p. Going to go for 1909 with Klipsch quintet II.

Congrats mate. Can I ask what avr your using with your KRP? Was considering the 806 but bad reviews on pq. Some blue dots on screen when outputting 1080p. Going to go for 1909 with Klipsch quintet II.

Not using a receiver at the moment. The KRP is actually wall mounted in my kitchen as it was too big for my sitting room.:) I use it mainly with the PS3 (which is glorious) but the sat tuner comes in handy when Mrs Moolers is watching eastenders or some other BS. I'm using an old AEGO P5 surround sound system also so I have no need for a good avr at the moment. It's my spare TV. Lol
    I need a bigger house.

Don't think you need a bigger house if your kitchen can accommodate a 50"Plasma! Lol! Actually size is why I didn't go for the KRP. Because they don't do an undermount speaker for it I would've had overhang on the chimney breast from the side speakers! Can I just ask in regards the built in Sat tuner, do the stations show up as EPG on just one channel ie Av 1 or are they individually assigned on individual channels. Ie 1=sky 2=BBC etc?

Don't think you need a bigger house if your kitchen can accommodate a 50"Plasma! Lol! Actually size is why I didn't go for the KRP. Because they don't do an undermount speaker for it I would've had overhang on the chimney breast from the side speakers! Can I just ask in regards the built in Sat tuner, do the stations show up as EPG on just one channel ie Av 1 or are they individually assigned on individual channels. Ie 1=sky 2=BBC etc?

There are a few ways, there is a EPG button on the remote and you press it to view the full EPG screen, doesn't matter what you are watching it will bring you straight to the EPG.
    The best way is in my opinion is to set up your favourites, that way you just press the enter button on the remote and a list of your favourites channels or inputs are listed on the left hand side of the screen, press enter again and it will switch to that channel or input.
    I have it that BBC HD is first on the list so BBC HD is never more than 2 button presses away (enter,enter).
    I hope that's clear.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.