Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin-Waterford 0730 train - dining car?

Options
  • 07-12-2008 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the early morning train (midweek) to Waterford has a dining car? The Irish Rail website lists it as an Intercity, and their helpful FAQ states that ''Food is only served on some of the Intercity Services. Be sure to check in advance of your departure.". I've submitted an email query, but I'd appreciate hearing first-hand experiences.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

According to the timetables its only 'Snacks and drinks'. The only service with a dinning car would be the 11.30 from Heuston.
    Timetable here

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

o no i was looking forward to that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

davton wrote: »
    According to the timetables its only 'Snacks and drinks'. The only service with a dinning car would be the 11.30 from Heuston.
    Timetable here

Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

Bring your own food I dont know anyone who would pay so much for that tripe they call food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

IRISH RAIL wrote: »
    Bring your own food I dont know anyone who would pay so much for that tripe they call food.
    In all fairness, the breakfast available on the Dublin/Cork line are fine, if a little overpriced. For those early morning starts, every minute counts, so I appreciate not having to take time to have breakfast beforehand. It also breaks up the journey nicely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement