Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bets Declined (live betting)

Options
  • 07-12-2008 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hi..Im just curious to know if any of you guys are having the same problem as me.
    I wont name the bookmaker in question..last number of weeks ive been making €100-300 profit per weekend betting on live events..Snooker and NFL in particular..good winnings it has to be said. but for the last 2 weeks this particular bookie has refused to take my bets. they've basically marked me up as a profit gambler who has the sense to withdraw his winnings(its not easy to do i know!) anyway...My bets would usually be 100 stake usually 5/6 or even money..the bet would be refused..the site would the re-offer the bet on the bookies terms..my stake would be cut down to €10 or €7(measly)..its basically refusing to allow my win decent money..its not in the spirit of gambling..in all fairness it dedfeats the point of gambling. its called risk control..they say! the first time i complained they said the trading department cannot monitor all bets..and its an automatic response..however this has only started since i began withdrawing profit after each weekend..So....My question is has anyone else experienced this problem????

now this morning i attempted to put a €1 accumulator on 3 football games and this was declined!! the would only allow me to stake 29cents..i was not impressed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Common enough really. Usually they either limit your stack or close your acc. Tere perfectly within there right to do this so there's nothing you can do, best thing either head down to the local shop/use various websites/use betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,412 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

name and shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

Switch to betfair. The liquidity on the snooker markets is not great but the NFL is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

Bookies regularly 'knock back' winning punters - and you don't have to be making millions. It's consistency that they look for. Get yourself over to Betfair - there's almost always better odds available anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nozebleed wrote: »
    now this morning i attempted to put a €1 accumulator on 3 football games and this was declined!! the would only allow me to stake 29cents..i was not impressed.

:eek: 29 cent on a treble. What firm is that? I can kind of understand bookies closing winning accounts but three hundred a week is small money to them and a lot to the likes of you and me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

callaway92 wrote: »
    name and shame

Every single bookmaker in the industry does this. Some are worse than others but all of them do it. To and and shame would just involved writing a list of every comapny with a bookmaking licence.

Advertisement