Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi

Options
  • 07-12-2008 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

hi,

Do you think Aldi will be open in Dublin 15 area? i go to Aldi in Finglas. i think Dublin 15 would be handy for us, there are 2 Lidi in Blanchardstown Shoppin centre and Huntstown...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The lidl is on the blakestown road, there was planning permission applied for an aldi on the clonsilla road but it was refused.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Aldi have been trying to get planning permission for a store at Weaver's Row on Clonsilla Road for the past couple of years, but have been shot down every time. That particular site is completely unsuitable because of traffic. It's bad now, especially when the level crossing gates are down, it would be disastrous if an Aldi went in there. So, unless they choose another site, I can't see there being an Aldi in the area anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Miss Tequila

maybe you're right, i think the best place would be in Tyrrellstown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I actually think Ballycoolin near the IT could be a very good place for an Aldi... Cruisearath Road maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

heard ALDI will be the anchor tenant in the new Castleknock village development

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Pal wrote: »
    heard ALDI will be the anchor tenant in the new Castleknock village development

Glad to hear that Aldi is coming to D15.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

just rumour. cannot confirm. Hope its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Aldi is also talked about being the anchor tenant when the mountview shops get redeveloped. When is anothing thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

We are over supplied in D15 with Lidls (Clonee, Blanch Retail park, Blakestown, Tyrellstown) yet have to travel miles to get to an Aldi which I don't bother due to inconvenience - hope one opens soon per the rumours above.

If anyone bought the 6X 750 ml bottled water from Aldi recently don't drink them and return for a full refund. They may contain a harmful bacteria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

dojojoe - What is your source of information for that claim?

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Hill Billy wrote: »
    dojojoe - What is your source of information for that claim?

HB

if ya copy and paste what he wrote into google:
    6X 750 ml bottled water from Aldi

the second result is this:
    http://www.totalrecallinfo.com/freerecalls.php?id=19378
    As a precautionary measure, Aldi Stores Ltd. is initiating a recall of a batch of Comeragh Still Irish Spring Water Multi Pack (6 x 750 ml Sports Cap), due to the possible presence of harmful bacteria. No other products are affected by this recall. Aldi Stores Ltd. has issued a press notice and in-store notices requesting customers who have bought bottles of the implicated batch to return them to an Aldi store.
    No action is required by inspectors.

Thanks. But posting claims like the above without backing it up with a link to a reliable source could possibly lead to legal proceedings against boards &/or the poster.

Posters should always back up such claims with a link as it is not a Mod's responsibility to do so. If no backup is provided posts may be deleted.

Take care,

HB

Sorry about that guys, saw it in the paper earlier that day and thought it would be a good idea to post it here. WIll source next time.

No probs man. :)

Advertisement