Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge Cardiac First Responder Programme

Options
  • 07-12-2008 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hi guys and girls,
    I am looking to see if anyone here is from the Celbridge (Co. Kildare) area and would be interested in getting on board with our Cardiac First Responder Programme which is in the initial stages of formation. We are currently planning to launch the programme with the help of Celbridge Community Council.
    The role of a Cardiac Community First Responder Programme is to reduce the number of preventable Cardiac deaths in an area by providing timely CPR and Defibrillation before advanced medical help can arrive (i.e an Ambulance with Paramedics). The idea of the scheme would be that a team of trained responders would be on call at any one time and would receive calls to attend medical cardiac events to initiate life saving care before the ambulance arrives. The scheme is voluntary and full training will be given to volunteers as per the PHECC (Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council) CFR Course Guidelines. Members will also be fully insured and ongoing training and debriefing would be a key component.

If anyone here is interested, you can email me at david@celbridgefirstresponder.net or send me a PM

Thanks,

David Wallace
    Celbridge Community Cardiac First Responder Scheme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Hi just wondering is there a fee for undergoing CFR training?

Are you associated with a voluntary 1st aid organisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

no there is no fee for the volunteers of the programme. the organisation will pay for all training and re-training. obviously the idea is the by virtue of the fact that you are volunteering, you get the training for free. no we are not part of any voluntary organisation. we are a group of interested individuals who are working in partnership with celbridge community council.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

I presume then that the people giving the course are PHECC accredited ?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

yes they are/will be

Advertisement