Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jessops UK price match

Options
  • 07-12-2008 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just wondering if anyone knows whether Jessops in the UK will still price match. I'm going to be about 5 minutes walk from one of their stores next week and was looking at the 580ExII but their listed price is just ridiculous, about £100 more than I can get it elsewhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

If you can get it for cheaper elsewhere, why do you need to buy it Jessops?
    Anyway, there's contact details on their website, so you can ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

i dont think they do it anymore but pick up the phone and ring them.

the shops on the tottenham court road will come a fair way towards matching amazon.co.uk prices on compacts; also check out microglobe.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

City-Exile wrote: »
    If you can get it for cheaper elsewhere, why do you need to buy it Jessops?
    Maybe he lives near Jessops or else he prefers their after service?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Thanks AnimalRights, actually I'm over there with work and getting out of the office is going to be pretty tight before 7 or 8 at night. I'd been hoping since it was close that I might make a dash in the early morning, but was wondering if anyone knew if the price match still applied since otherwise I'll have to find some other option. Tottenham court is a bit far tbh to get to so I'll just have to see what else is near. I'd thought of Dixons tax free since I got my 450D there but as far as I can see they don't stock the 580exII :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

They will price-match but only to another bricks & mortar store in the same area I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Keep your money in your pocket. I have not seen their price match in any of their ads recently, but find them a bit pricey. Try merlin photographics its over £100 cheaper. They are anebay shop in England I have bought my flash from them. It arrived in 4 days. Postage was between €17 or €20. Have a meal out on the money you save.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

They saved me over €400 last month (Jessops) by price-matching a Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 lens to the same price that it would be for sale in Calumet (who also didn't have it in stock).

Advertisement