Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

continental gone?

Options
  • 06-12-2008 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Is the continental gone? someone said they closed is it gone for good or whats the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chevy

Heard it was closed by the sheriff. Probably not tax complient and therefore had no pub licience for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

New in town and here that the wkend.
    Never had the experince to have a pint there.
    Hopefully a disco bar will go in.Much needed in town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I pulled and drank my first pint of Guinness in there. Didnt know at the time you had to let it settle.

Didnt drink Guinness again till I was MUCH older.

Good times :)

Been out a few times mainly to the Anvil seems the nicest pub in town

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

pclancy wrote: »
    I pulled and drank my first pint of Guinness in there. Didnt know at the time you had to let it settle.

Didnt drink Guinness again till I was MUCH older.

Good times :)

Drank my first pint of Guinness there, didn't realise that it was crap until later that night when yer man went on a break ;)

A few pubs in town are changing hands, won't be long before you'll see more close permanently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

I know it changed ownership in the past 6 months but havent been there for about 5 months.

I liked the place. it was good for a few jars and a bit of a laugh, any time my friends from the smoke came down they'd ask to go there. The jacks were always in bits though!
    I think that might have been a problem too though, I got the vibe from a few of the locals around the place that I'd know that it was a "Dubs bar". Also heard some ridiculous rumours about the place too. Pity it closed if true, but I'd agree that a few more will go too. I hear the Weighbridge is in big trouble also.

The After Dark is a nice spot. Dare I say it, grand for a late one ;). The Anvil is grand too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fefe

undecided wrote: »
    Is the continental gone? someone said they closed is it gone for good or whats the story?

Went into liquadation. Didnt have a good name in the last number of years, a lot of underage drinking, and the rest went on there!!!

fefe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Hopefully a disco bar will go in.Much needed in town

No it isn't!!

Also, The continental was never the same after they renovated it...

Steve_o wrote: »
    No it isn't!!

Also, The continental was never the same after they renovated it...

the story in town is that it has!!! It has never been the same since the present owners took over, take it from me i know!!!

fefe

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

What the town needs is a decent nightclub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

This place badly needs a good spot! was in the W B the other night it really startin to go down hill fast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

genie_us wrote: »
    What the town needs is a decent nightclub

yeah that's what it needs, a nightclub and as someone else said in another thread - a McDonalds. Classy additions to any town.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chevy

The continental had a disco bar licience as far as i know. I hear it will be reopening next week.

chevy wrote: »
    The continental had a disco bar licience as far as i know. I hear it will be reopening next week.

i hear everything was removed, i.e. tables, chairs, beer, everything!!!!
    fefe

Why doesnt the town need a new nightclub/disco bar ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Apparently the revenue commissioners took it over. All of the fixtures and fittings were removed to be sold.

I would be surprised to see the place open before Feb 2009.

Should be opening under new management anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

was in the continental a few times over Christmas and all the fixtures and fittings looked exactly the same!

Rumours eh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Why doesnt the town need a new nightclub/disco bar ??

noise, litter, fights, piss.

Advertisement