Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No change to CT forum charter since 1922 horror!

Options
  • 06-12-2008 6:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Since the CT charter thread is tumble weed central...

There's been a few posts recently questioning the reliability of the information and, truth be told, the point of it at all.

Guy's, the CT forum charter is a disaster area and the charter needs serious discussion.

Firstly. Please make a NWO sticky and move on to some more interesting discussion.

My reasoning for it is this is; for example I'd just written a post about Anna Politkovskaya and her book A Russian Diary and then I thought I wouldn't bother posting here because it would turn into another new world order rant. So I'm writing this instead. (don't worry I'll inflict AP on some other undeserving souls)

really folks,
    certain parties are trolling the **** out of this forum, in terms of any constructive debate going on, it's just noise.

maybe as the new moderators find their feet it will improve. Personally I think they are too concerned about what is and isn't personal abuse to notice what is motivational to constructive discussion. Compared to the moderation on say the religious forums for example, the CT forum is very poor.

I know there's plenty of others who would agree and I'd ask them to post here too and try to construct a decent charter for the forum and try and keep the noise down.

For a start why don't you ban the use of images in the forum?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

a fair point, I have been considerin some additions and changes to the charter.

So what would people like to see changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

studiorat wrote: »

Huh? Why would you want that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Firstly. Please make a NWO sticky and move on to some more interesting discussion.
    I have already suggested a sticky on the "Big Brother thread" which I intended to use it as watch dog for NWO related topics on privacy concerns and I have NOTHING but insinuating personal abuse and attacks from you on it.

The EU intends to remove freedom of speech.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/3059617/Euro-MPs-to-vote-on-anonymous-blog-ban.html

May I also suggest the banning of personal insinuating attacks which are also against the charter in the first place.
    Ciaran500 wrote: »

It is a CONSPIRACY theory forum, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Why are you posting that in here?
    May I also suggest the banning of personal insinuating attacks which are also against the charter in the first place.
    Just report the post if you have something wrong with it.
    It is a CONSPIRACY theory forum, :rolleyes:
    Theory implies theres some evidence to present, not just scary looking images that are, most of the time, completely off topic

• Advertisement

This in itself would be a disaster of cross threads and topic changing and would be perfect way of SUPPRESSING and HIDING controversial issues out of sight amongst all the confusion.

If certain people had their way they would invoke CENSORSHIP on the CT forum.

no_free_speech.jpg

In your case the NWO should deserve its own sub forum, currently there are over six directly related NWO topics being discussed on the first page along with several others related. To have all this lumped into one thread would be a total disaster.
    Why are you posting that in here?
    Because it is on the topic of censorship.
    Just report the post if you have something wrong with it.
    I have already several times through PMs and comments, This guy has a habit of it particularly when I mention something that he is incapible of coming up with a civilized reply.
    Example.
    Communist estate agent?
    Theory implies theres some evidence to present, not just scary looking images that are, most of the time, completely off topic
    Completly off Topic, ill explain again if you want to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Completly off Topic, ill explain again.

No need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

RtdH uses more pics than anyone, but in fairness they are usually relevant to his post in a "look what might happen" kind of way. The forum is a Conspiracy Theories forum and in that regard a certain amount of leeway needs to be permitted.

As to the reliability of informaton, well, it is a theories forum. Most theories are formed by putting a lot of information together and seeing a pattern that seems to emerge. So it's probably stretching it a bit to expect "reliable" information when the theory has been made up in someones head. (I think everyone will agree with me there)

I agree with you that the place has had the sh*t trolled out of it recently. I lurked here for a while before registering as I was participating in a different forum. I'd have to say that the original mod didn't do a lot to keep the place respectable. But in the past few weeks it's really gone to hell with people throwing out one line snipes. I'm inclined to feel that the reason for this is due to the lack of modding that went on before. That and the fact that some guys seem to be recruiting their mates to help troll along with them. (Now there's a conspiracy theory right there ;)).

One of the problems is that trolls rarely think about what has been suggested. The usually come back with a quick one liner that is more likely to dismiss the poster (in a roundabout kind of way) without actually adding anything to the debate.

As an aside... you have to admire RtdH's resolve. I'd say most people would have blown up with all the abuse he's received here recently.

No need to.

Right on cue. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Since the CT charter thread is tumble weed central...

There's been a few posts recently questioning the reliability of the information and, truth be told, the point of it at all.

Guy's, the CT forum charter is a disaster area and the charter needs serious discussion.

My reasoning for it is this is; for example I'd just written a post about Anna Politkovskaya and her book A Russian Diary and then I thought I wouldn't bother posting here because it would turn into another new world order rant. So I'm writing this instead. (don't worry I'll inflict AP on some other undeserving souls)

really folks,
    certain parties are trolling the **** out of this forum, in terms of any constructive debate going on, it's just noise.

maybe as the new moderators find their feet it will improve. Personally I think they are too concerned about what is and isn't personal abuse to notice what is motivational to constructive discussion. Compared to the moderation on say the religious forums for example, the CT forum is very poor.

I know there's plenty of others who would agree and I'd ask them to post here too and try to construct a decent charter for the forum and try and keep the noise down.

Fascist New Order Cencorship :P

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

WhaLofShi wrote: »
    Right on cue. ;)

The post is about changing the charter and he starts rabbiting on about off topic crap.

The post is about changing the charter and he starts rabbiting on about off topic crap.

commander, that's what RtdH does. You can expect nothing else. He'll bring it up any time he can.

So instead of sniping with a smarmy one liner, why not give your opinion on the relevant topic and discuss it. Ignore him if you think he's full if sh*te. I doubt he's going away, but there's no real need to have a go at him every time you log on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Halfdog

It is said that "a picture is worth a 1000 words". I can see the reason why you want to ban images from the CT forum.

Halfdog wrote: »
    It is said that "a picture is worth a 1000 words". I can see the reason why you want to ban images from the CT forum.

There wouldn't be a ban on images, just on hotlinking to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Halfdog

There wouldn't be a ban on images, just on hotlinking to them.
    The OP suggested a ban, I presume that also meant hotlinks.

This forum wouldn't function without being able to link to images and site (you'd need to block both together) and the op said the "use of images". I don't think he means completely ban them, just stopping crap like RTDH posted above which adds nothing to a discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I agree it needs serious discussion....but a "disaster area". What's so wrong with the charter?
    I'm not inclined to go that route....but would be open to persuading.

911 was a single event which could merit a single mega-thread. NWO isn't a single event....its a meme which links countless issues and events together.
    Fair enough. Rather than the "one thread for NWO", I'd rather give the OP of a thread some leeway to define in the first post to define what is and is not in scope if they choose.

I don't want the case where halfway through a discussion, the OP is coming back saying "that's not what I wanted to discuss" as a get-out-of-jail-free type of card, but I do think that its reasonable to say at the outset something like "I want to concentrate on <aspect X> and not get sidetracked by this being just-another-example-supporting-conspiracy-X discussions". Indeed, it would probably be enough to say "I want to concentrate on <aspect X>", as long as that aspect is quite clear.

FOllowing that up, the OP (or anyone else) could report posts when they felt the thread was going off-topic. We can delete / moderate posts, or split the thread as needed. People who show a persistent "need" to hijack threads can be infracted and (ultimately) banned.
    really folks,
    I agree entirely. I'm just not convinced we'd agree on who the trolls are.
    Personally I think they are too concerned about what is and isn't personal abuse to notice what is motivational to constructive discussion. Compared to the moderation on say the religious forums for example, the CT forum is very poor.
    In fairness, we (the new mods) are not starting from exactly the same position.

More importantly...what is motivational to constructive discussion? If that's what you want...thats what you can get...just as soon as we can get a rough agreement on what that is.
    I'd ask them too.

Amusingly, the charter is in a thread called "charter and feedback thread", which is open for posting. The last time someone used it for feedback was in 2007. Now, you're starting a thread for feedback on the charter because the charter is such a disaster.

I'm fairly sure you'd agree that people need to be able to link to images. After all, much of the evidence they want to offer is visual.

So we can probably agree that its "inline" images you have an issue with. You can turn those off in your profile if you don't want to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

bonkey wrote: »
    More importantly...what is motivational to constructive discussion? If that's what you want...thats what you can get...just as soon as we can get a rough agreement on what that is.
    IMO, posting irrelevant "scaremongering" images and changing the subject or sidetracking when asked about evidence should be frowned upon or maybe even lead to infractions. Threads can go on and on without even the tiniest bit of a link or evidence to support the OP/thread title. I wont name any specific threads because that should be blatantly obvious.

Im really leaning towards being a "skeptic" on these forums because of the crap thats being posted. I will admit it keeps the (trolling) discussion going and the forum alive.

I liked my old middleman status but now I lurk a bit and in some threads I have to post to expose the utter ignorance of something. Even in my spats with yourself and Diogenes in the owlden days I thought that it was constuctive debate. I will admit that I was a bit gullible and my posts devolved to politics and US administration policies.

Was it debate? Was it constuctive? I think you would be best suited to answer that because I believe your opinion holds weight. Did you enjoy reading it?

I think you guys will be good together given time. A change in charter or even the consideration of my above opinion could make or break the forum.

IMO, posting irrelevant "scaremongering" images and changing the subject or sidetracking when asked about evidence should be frowned upon or maybe even lead to infractions. .
    Also certain posters that cannot reply to a topic without adding insinuating slur aimed at the poster. May I suggest that these get infracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Could you possibly PM me the slurs so we can discuss them? Id rather not drag this thread down also.

Edit: RTDH's previous post wasn't directed at me as I originally thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I'm not a fan of rtdh's scaremongering and the images are just the icing on the cake. I've said it before but this is supposed to be the Conspiracy theories forum not the Fantasy and Paranoia forum which is what it often is. Can we set some rules on what and how people post, right now I seriously wonder are some of them having a bad dream the night before and then posting it as some kind of reality.

meglome wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of rtdh's scaremongering and the images are just the icing on the cake. I've said it before but this is supposed to be the Conspiracy theories forum not the Fantasy and Paranoia forum which is what it often is. Can we set some rules on what and how people post, right now I seriously wonder are some of them having a bad dream the night before and then posting it as some kind of reality.
    II believe you are in FANTASY land getting brainwashed with trash coming from Hollywood. The Reality is here and the dogs are already barking in the streets about it. One only has to read the papers about the cooperation that is going on with world leaders, its only a matter of time before they have a committee.

Anyone who knows about the NEW WORLD ORDER will tell you that it isn't exactly going to be a garden Party, in fact the NEW WORLD ORDER with Global totalitarian control will make Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalins empire look like a Kindergarten.

You will have no escape to a better country, everywhere will all be the same, same law and order, you sh*t on your door step, it will carry with you electronically no matter where you travel around the globe. Every electronic EFT purchase you make will pinpoint you within 10 feet on planet earth, you will be watched at every street corner on CCTV, Your car will be logged with the hundreds of ANPR cams, your transit journeys logged.

your mobile data, brousing habbits stored, Nothing will be private anymore. The Books you read will be logged, the websites you brouse will be logged.

Those pictures of Hitler would make the man out to be a gentle man compared to the up and coming Global Leader that will soon control all the worlds economics through the EFT.

Scripture predicts a cashless system using codes based on a number which is no doubt the RFID & Barcode system. The system is almost ready. 666 is a FACT and no longer a prophecy, I knew about it 25 years ago long before RFID. One only has to google the subject and you will get thousands of hits related to Verichip, Smartcards and Barcodes.

There is NOTHING scaremongering about it. The VERICHIP is a FACT and not fantasy, Just because I show a picture of it, The authorities are already threatening to use them on HIV+ patients in Indonesia. Microsoft have already developed a global database called Medivault.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Scripture predicts a cashless system using codes based on a number which is no doubt the RFID & Barcode system.
    Really? That seems very hard to believe.
    There is NOTHING scaremongering about it. The VERICHIP is a FACT and not fantasy. The authorities are already threatening to use them on HIV+ patients in Indonesia. Microsoft have already developed a global database called Medivault.
    Evidence?

And what has any of this to do with the charter of the forum?

King Mob wrote: »
    Really? That seems very hard to believe.
    Google 666 RFID Verichip and see for yourself.

Evidence?
    http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7013178664
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/04/ms_verimed/
    http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/4477/1/1/

And what has any of this to do with the charter of the forum?
    Please read the post that I am replying to, I have been accused of "scaremongering" and being in a "fantasy land"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

II believe you are in FANTASY land getting brainwashed with trash coming from Hollywood.

I don't really watch the TV, what am I missing?
    The Reality is here and the dogs are already barking in the streets about it. One only has to read the papers about the cooperation that is going on with world leaders, its only a matter of time before they have a committee.

You see this is where the fantasy comes in. The dogs in the street are not barking about it, other than on the internet I have NEVER heard anyone mention it. And why would it be a bad thing that world leaders would talk? When we didn't talk we tended to war with each other.

Anyone who knows about the NEW WORLD ORDER will tell you that it isn't exactly going to be a garden Party, in fact the NEW WORLD ORDER with Global totalitarian control will make Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalins empire look like a Kindergarten. You will have no escape to a better country, everywhere will all be the same, same law and order, you sh*t on your door step, it will carry with you electronically no matter where you travel in the globe.

Maybe one day you''ll actually find some verifiable proof for that.
    Those pictures of Hitler would make the man out to be a gentle man compared to the up and coming Global Leader that will soon control all the worlds economics through the EFT. Scripture predicts a cashless system using codes based on a number which is no doubt the RFID & Barcode system.
    The system is almost ready.

So where's your proof? And no some interpretation of scripture says that. Isn't that the great thing about obscure writings. Eventually something will happen sometime.
    There is NOTHING scaremongering about it. The VERICHIP is a FACT and not fantasy. The authorities are already threatening to use them on HIV+ patients in Indonesia. Microsoft have already developed a global database called Medivault.

It's complete scaremongering. You see if it comes down to it most people wouldn't let someone put a chip into them, unless medically necessary. Personally over my dead body would I let someone do it. And as has been pointed out they don't need to do it. I think you're nothing but a paranoid fantasist, or at worst you represent the NWO by spreading fear and division.

So at what stage will you accept you're wrong when these things don't happen any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Please read the post that I am replying to, I have been accused of "scaremongering" and being in a "fantasy land".

Case and point:
    "Scripture predicts a cashless system using codes based on a number which is no doubt the RFID & Barcode system"

It's funny though anytime you post and are challenged on anything you just seem to fall back to "They're going to tag us all", ignore all subsequent questions then post pictures of nazi and link to irrelevant news articles news.

Hence this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

Google 666 RFID Verichip and see for yourself.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7013178664
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/04/ms_verimed/
    http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/4477/1/1/
    Please read the post that I am replying to, I have been accused of "scaremongering" and being in a "fantasy land"

God I wish the NWO would shut him up. Actually if it could just keep him confined to this forum that would be nice.

OK a lot of what RTDH says is a slight exageration of the truth, but there is truth in it none the less, last time I was home in Ireland I noticed it too, but oer here in Australia the situation has taken off, slowly and stealthily everyone will be tagged, only the refusniks and other 'criminals' will forcefully be tagged, everyone else will voluntarily carry one.

there are RFID readers all over the place here, in the Train stations on the busses on the toll bridges, anyone wishing to move about the cities will be tracked, there are more and more 'security' personel on trains and buses and just wanderin aound the streets, thesepeople are not mandatedby any police acts YET, but mark my words they will become 'transit police'

I want to know why, why are people blindly going along with this, the taging of the population and the relentless erosion of our civil liberties in the name of security?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Post number 30 and it's a nwo thread already.
    See?

• Advertisement

Yeah, yer right, I'm not sure how we deal with this tho as the NWO is a kind of all encompasing topic which relates to most CT's.

its a toughie alright, I'm gonna chat with Bonkey and Miju during the week and se if we can come up with some tweaks for the charter, but I dont know, limithin out capacity to discus the NWO would be playing right into the hands of the Lizzzzards :eek:

Advertisement