Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longwood

Options
  • 06-12-2008 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

in county Meath, anyone else from here at all??

Comments

No, but I live close to it, and a good friend relocated out there a year or two ago.

Longwood is a lovely little village, kind of typically Irish (one family runs the pub / hardware / post office etc.).

One or two derelict houses, which is a pity, but not really that different from most other villages.

I suppose liking the place depends on whether you're a city person, or someone who likes the countryside.

If you like the countryside, it's a great place to live. Out this neck of the woods is gorgeous.

Well, that's my two cents...! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

cheers for that Druss Rua. i live here myself and was just wondering if there were others from this quaint little village also on boards. about 45 min drive to work in the mornings is ok, not stuck in traffic once. three pubs and a GAA club, two shops and broadband connection is kak (hopefully some improvements on this front in near future)

poindexter wrote: »
    cheers for that Druss Rua. i live here myself and was just wondering if there were others from this quaint little village also on boards. about 45 min drive to work in the mornings is ok, not stuck in traffic once. three pubs and a GAA club, two shops and broadband connection is kak (hopefully some improvements on this front in near future)

Yep, my friend often derides the broadband coverage in that area, as like myself, he enjoys online gaming. As you mention, hopefully it'll improve in the not too distant future. As for the drive into work, the long(ish) commute does grate a little, but in my mind it's a small price to pay for the area where I live! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

Yep, my friend often derides the broadband coverage in that area, as like myself, he enjoys online gaming. As you mention, hopefully it'll improve in the not too distant future. As for the drive into work, the long(ish) commute does grate a little, but in my mind it's a small price to pay for the area where I live! :)
    exactly, and it sure beats sitting in traffic which is going nowhere fast as can be the case in Dublin

Advertisement