Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Store in Galway

Options
  • 05-12-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone used the small store in galway opposite the PO that sells Airsoft? They have an OK range of weapons, seem to carry everything that's on this site so not sure if they're linked...

http://hobbyairsoft.ie/faq.php

Anyway - anyone got any idea of prices? The website has a mixture of OK and pretty poor prices....wondering if thats reflected in store and if the two are even linked.

Need to pick up a cheap-ish rifle for someone by next weekend and live in Galway, hate the way there's absolutely no middle ground on Irish websites like there is on European ones, it's mostly either a 40 euro shotgun, or a 100 euro plus AEG. :(

Ideally a 50-55 euro decent springer would have been perfect, but no Irish site sells them (apart from one or two on airguns.ie and the site mentioned above, but the prices seem pretty awful, no point spending 80 euro on a springer when I could get a mp5k for a few euro more)

Checked MainIrishAirsoft (has to be a laser accepting site) and they're out of the MP7 which I would have looked at....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

Has anyone used the small store in galway opposite the PO that sells Airsoft? They have an OK range of weapons, seem to carry everything that's on this site so not sure if they're linked...

http://hobbyairsoft.ie/faq.php

Anyway - anyone got any idea of prices? The website has a mixture of OK and pretty poor prices....wondering if thats reflected in store and if the two are even linked.

Need to pick up a cheap-ish rifle for someone by next weekend and live in Galway, hate the way there's absolutely no middle ground on Irish websites like there is on European ones, it's mostly either a 40 euro shotgun, or a 100 euro plus AEG. :(

Ideally a 50-55 euro decent springer would have been perfect, but no Irish site sells them (apart from one or two on airguns.ie and the site mentioned above, but the prices seem pretty awful, no point spending 80 euro on a springer when I could get a mp5k for a few euro more)

Checked MainIrishAirsoft (has to be a laser accepting site) and they're out of the MP7 which I would have looked at....

www.eirsoft.ie also take laser, if you see something you like give em a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

didn't realize that thanks. Looked alright but not much within budget - it's not my budget either, so I can't budge on it really. 100 euro tops, but really, really preferably less. If she can stretch to the 100 maybe the galaxy mp5k or well mp7 would be good.

It's looking like at this stage I might just get the franchi 3a from mainirishairsoft. Had one before pretty nice gun and really powerful but was hoping for something that wasn't a shotgun..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

theres corrib tackle in the liosban ind. estate, they also have a shooting range apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

their G&G .25 BBs are a good price atleast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Cheap + MP7 leads me to believe you were looking at either the Galaxy or Well MP7. Let me save you a bit of hassle there by telling you it's infected with a horrible disease called "Gearboxius Destructicus" which kicks in after only a couple of hundred rounds. Avoid like the plague. It'll only make you cry. Even the build quality is shocking.

The reason there's no "middle ground" is because there's nothing in that middle ground worth having, even as a wall hanger. The springer rifles and pistols available on some of the European sites are tat, and when you consider a springer rifle might set you back €50-€60, there just isn't a market for them here where a gas pistol starts at around €70-€80 and an AEG starts at around €90. The middle ground here is considered to be the likes of the MP5k clones as a cheap AEG that is actually useful and looks good.

• Advertisement

Thanks looked there as well, prices aren't great - cybergun FAMAS for example is 85 euro for the springer version, pretty damn steep. I've seen it for 45 in european sites the only problem is the place I normally buy from will never arrive before next weekend.

NakedDex wrote: »
    Cheap + MP7 leads me to believe you were looking at the Galaxy MP7. Let me save you a bit of hassle there by telling you it's infected with a horrible disease called "Gearboxius Destructicus" which kicks in after only a couple of hundred rounds. Avoid like the plague. It'll only make you cry. Even the build quality is shocking.

The reason there's no "middle ground" is because there's nothing in that middle ground worth having, even as a wall hanger. The springer rifles and pistols available on some of the European sites are tat, and when you consider a springer rifle might set you back €60-€70, there just isn't a market for them here where a gas pistol starts at around €70-€80 and an AEG starts at around €90. The middle ground here is considered to be the likes of the MP5k clones as a cheap AEG that is actually useful and looks good.

Actually I was looking at the Well one :)

I don't think that's necessarily true about Springers - well, maybe with the rip-off prices that those places in Ireland that stock them sell them for! I usually buy a good few springers from cheap sites in Poland, and find them excellent. For example I got a CYMA AK47S Springer, 2KG, for 27 euro - put 1,000+ rounds through it no problem before I sold it on. I would call that worthy of the price paid for it! I agree a lot of springers are rubbish but there's a lot you can get in Germany and Poland in the 30-35 euro price range that are high quality and reliable. I've bought heavyweight AK's, MP5's, AUG's, and so on and never had any problems. At the moment I'm waiting on an ASG full metal MP5 springer that cost 40. I don't skirmish so I like to buy a lot of these guns from aboard just to test them out, see what they're like, etc etc. Obviously if I was buying 10-15 euro Springers, I'd agree with you completely. I've tested a lot of tat 20 euro M4 clones and occassionaly, a crappy 30 euro springer. But in my experience there are plenty of high quality springers available for about 30% the RRP of Clone AEG's. :)

The more I think about it maybe I'm best off telling the guy that he'll just have to wait until after christmas....I'd be wary of an AEG because it'd be his first and I'd say it'll suffer some serious abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Ah, well if you're not skirmishing and you don't want semi or full auto firing then a good springer (they are out there, I agree) is a good move.

That Well MP7 is the same as the Galaxy one. With exactly the same self destruction issues and poor build quality. Avoid like the bubonic...

Certain AEG's will take a ton of abuse without issues. The JG G36c being one of the most noted, the DBoys M4's aren't without pedigree of being chucked around and still firing either. The Galaxy MP5k and MP5 PDW are both pretty strong little buggers too, and both a bit closer to your price range than the other two might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

The fella in Cartronix is dead sound. He actually is an airsofter himself, and is proficient at the gun-fixing side of things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Phractal wrote: »
    The fella in Cartronix is dead sound. He actually is an airsofter himself, and is proficient at the gun-fixing side of things.

Thread is nearly a year old....

Necro-f@il...

• Advertisement

Masada. I say it again. Its better to dig up old threads, and have all the relavent data inone area, than flood the place with the same thing... again and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Phractal wrote: »
    Masada. I say it again. Its better to dig up old threads, and have all the relavent data inone area, than flood the place with the same thing... again and again.
    do you have to go tru to get to this??if you have have to ask,just ask.their is a reason why threads die,and if you ask bout something that has been answered before,well some one will post a linky for you to see(old timers on here,or mods).there is no need to go that far back,bud.i dont think the ban hammer will come out for just askin something,unless it hasbeen asked within the last few days.i may be wrong:confused:.but a year old thread,2nd time ya done this,really mate.postin for the sake of postin=anoyinn:D(maybe im involed in that to,but there comes a time when ya have to give it a rest)or maybe ya just want to gat your posts up??:confused::(:rolleyes::rolleyes::o:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sparky2010

The sound fella in cartronix was great alright. Now I was told he's been fired by the stores (cowboy) owner who (the owner not the sound lad) is trying to rip me off big time on my two month old kjw M9a1 that I paid 220 euro for: I wrote about it here fyi http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64237928&posted=1#post64237928

my advice is take your business elsewhere. Last time I buy anything there after this ordeal is over.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Why, just, just why?

ya I know. he'll be missed. The owner is clueless about guns from what I can see. not to mention is total neglect for consumer rights. Tosser

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

sparky2010 wrote: »
    ya I know. he'll be missed. The owner is clueless about guns from what I can see. not to mention is total neglect for consumer rights. Tosser
    The meaning of my original statement is lost upon you, young keyboard warrior...

lol Not quite lost lefty - i'm just a bit self absorbed right now...sulk sulk...that and lack of sleep and over consumption of java.
    Does anyone actually know the lad from cartronix. I think I'll need to chat with him myself if I don't want this owner mong to rip me off. PM me if ya got any way of contacting him cause the owner flat out refused to contact him for me (mainly cause the lad can prove i'm not lying probably)and kept dissing the poor guy at the same time . cheers for any help guys...

P

I think Sean is the guy you are looking for - he is a absolute HERO man.

ya he's the fella I think. he's really sound. hope he can help me prove that the gun wasn't damaged. Pity he's not workin there anymore. was his second name Miskell or something like that? Must check facebook and see if I can track him down there. cheers

Advertisement