Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amazon.co.uk MP3 Downloads from 68c

Options
  • 05-12-2008 3:17pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Amazon.co.uk has launched their new music store that carries high quality 256kbps DRM Free MP3 music downloads and it seems to work for Irish customers also.

Single tracks from £0.59 (~€0.68), albums from £2 (€2.30).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MP3-Music-Download/b/ref=topnav_storetab_dmusic?ie=UTF8&node=77197031

Looks good and much keener prices then iTunes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

It doesn't work for Irish customers unfortunately. When you add a song to the basket, it says you can't buy it. Funny enough I was just going to start a new thread about HMVs cheap DRM free music downloads. Their new albums are £6.99 (just over €8) which is cheap compared to Tescos €13/€14. And they give the option to use your student card too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,329 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

You sure you cant buy from amazon?

no need to answer that, just seen the t/c's;)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Dman001 wrote: »
    It doesn't work for Irish customers unfortunately. When you add a song to the basket, it says you can't buy it. Funny enough I was just going to start a new thread about HMVs cheap DRM free music downloads. Their new albums are £6.99 (just over €8) which is cheap compared to Tescos €13/€14. And they give the option to use your student card too.

Thanks for pointing this out. Not quite as good as Amazons £3 but better than most!

I read about a workaround for buying Kindle ebooks from outside the U.S that might work for this. I won't post any details cause I dunno if it'd be allowed. If I get time later I might give it a go. If it works I'll report back :)

Never mind. Tried it there and it doesn't seem to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Buying music!....I remember that, I think...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Buying music!....I remember that, I think...:D

I think I do too...
    now its only when you get a voucher as a present if u know wat i mean;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is 68 cent a track a bargain???? how much is that itunes charging these days?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Is 68 cent a track a bargain???? how much is that itunes charging these days?

99 cent and often that is for only 128kbps, DRM infested AAC format.

Advertisement