Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with shavers rash

Options
  • 05-12-2008 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I use an electric razor and no matter how I try I can not avoid a rash .There must be some one with some helpful hints other than "use a wet razor"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

ubeonek wrote: »
    I use an electric razor and no matter how I try I can not avoid a rash .There must be some one with some helpful hints other than "use a wet razor"

Replace the blades more often.... Try oil instead of gel or vice versa. Try different company products if current ones are not good. Try a better razor if the one you have is a cheap version. Get sensitive skin versions. Don't shave quickly (a lot of people do this and think they have sensitive skin).

Make sure your hair is not too long when you cut it as it's rip the face off you... What I do is I get one of the hair trimmers (not shavers) and take off all attachments and "shave" with it... this gets the hair down to a point where it's small... eg, 1-3 days growth max, and then use the electric razor.

I find if you go into a sauna first, then use the razor as soon as you come out it never gives me a rash.

Don't wash your face right before shaving... The reason for this is that natural oils come out of your skin and provide a natural lubricant... If you wash that off, then it can be more abrasive.... You can wash afterwards :P

One thing that can help me is to rub a tiny bit of baby oil into my face right after shaving (tiny amount!!). If you do this, then you can avoid ALL after shaves. Quite often it is the aftershave that causes skin irritations.

Good Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Some of the elave skin care products are really good, especially with soothing shaved skin - http://www.elave.ie/shop/index.php?cPath=22

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

This stuff works very well with a wet or dry shave.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ubeonek

I wish to continue to use my electric shaver therein lies the problem . I have not got a problem with a safty razor . So i wish to find away to ease the use of my on my neck Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Try using Moisturiser after you shave. Generally shaving rash is due to dryness caused by shaving. The Nivea for men moisturiser is very good - whenever i get neck rash, a few days of using this sorts it out.

Just out of interest, why are you so adament about continuing to use an electric razor. I bought one a few years ago but found it s**t! I couldnt get half as close a shave as I do with a wet razor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Any time I've used an elec razor it ripped the face off me. Wet shaves all the way tbh.

The total shaving oil that Kharn linked is brillant on its own or with a shaving gel. The King of Shaves oils are also good I'll normally go with which ever is on 3 for 2 in boots. Speaking of king of shaves their razor is good and easy on the neck with its ultra bendy neck, the other plus side is the blades are cheap enough when compared to some of the others out there.

The Elave or L'orieal hydra something or other moisturiser's are both good but I find the L'orieal the best, because I'm worth it :P.

Advertisement