Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone suggest a good Boozer in Dublin

Options
  • 05-12-2008 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

Planning a night out in town next Friday with about 10 lads trying to book or go somewhere that we can all sit together and catch up. I tried booking the Baggot Inn and they are full already anyone got any suggestions for a suitable venue that would accommodate 10 - 15 lads near/in town?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Pubs aren't going to want to take bookings this time of year. You could try the Bull & Castle Beer Hall at Christchurch (475 1122), but you'd need to be promising to be in early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

BeerNut wrote: »
    Pubs aren't going to want to take bookings this time of year.

Au contraire mon ami :)

Messrs Maguire took a booking for me and my mates, for tonight at 7, only last week.

Do they still have that cask stuff there, if they do, what am I asking for?

Have they any specials on at the minute?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Fair enough, though it's still early in la saison.

MM ain't had any cask beer in the pub in many many a year, sadly. The Porter was still on when I was in on Monday. Lovely stuff, if a bit gassy from the keg, and be sure to let it warm up a bit before drinking.

OP: Messrs Maguire and the Temple Bar Porterhouse are two other places in town that tend not to blink when large groups want to book a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Des wrote: »
    Do they still have that cask stuff there, if they do, what am I asking for?

Unfortunately the pub management are really bothered about pushing the own beers, as far as I am aware the cask beers where fro the UK market or festivals

TSB in the porterhouse is probably your best bet

Advertisement