Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surf equipment - options in Tralee

Options
  • 05-12-2008 6:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

I am looking to purchase some surf gear in Tralee, Co. Kerry and am looking to what the options are around the town. Boards, wetsuits, leashes, etc? Have found only one place so far - landers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

There's a place downtown called surf world (I think) and another place behind The Abbey that sells farmers tractor stuff & surfboard stuff (random mix I know). If you've access to a car then there's places in Castlegregory as well, Jamie Knox's and another Surf World (same owners). If you shop around you should get something good between them all.

Oh and there's another guy in Castlegregory who shapes his own boards, Marcus Wiericks is his name, he has a selection of pop-out's which are his own design and a good bit cheaper than the bic / NSP's in the same vein. Don't know how they surf though.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭38141

cheers for the info. Where abouts downtown is surfworld?

Is that The Abbey Tavern pub you mention?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

id defo go to jamie knoxs in castlegregory he is sound!! will sort u out with good price too id say its quiet this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

hmm....not good wit the names of the roads down there but surf world is i think on rock st? Maybe someone more familiar with Tralee cud confirm this. Yeah, I think it's The Abbey Tavern, but it's at the back entrance (to the club) where the car park is that you'll find the surf shop place.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

There's another place in the Maharees, across from Spillanes, they have surf gear, not sure about their opening hours this time of the year. In Dingle, there's a surf shop on Green Street, Finn McCools, they have some gear there too. I have been to that place in Tralee beside the abbey. I was looking for a ocean kayak and they were very helpful, and just as keen as any where else I tried so I bought it there, very happy with it. I have bought wet suits in Dingle, probably paid a bit more, but I live here and it was handy to get them locally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement