Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Oil light and 3 beeps

Options
  • 05-12-2008 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Yesterday evening on the way home I got an engine management light in my Seat Toledo 02 1.9tdi(90bhp) with almost 170k miles. Over the last couple of weeks i noticed a split second lost of power ( a hiccup as described on another site)and then fine again after with no other apparent reasons.
    I got a friend with diagnostic's equipment to have a look got codes "17654 P1246 Sensor circuit G80 00532" off it.
    Had a quick look on here and on the net last night and there was a mention in a few places that dirty diesel made be the problem, so got a fuel filter this evening and put it just there.
    I didn't want to fill the new filter with the fuel from the old 1 if it was dirty and just tried starting it and got a red oil can light and 3 beeps.
    Hopefully someone here has some idea's and it won't cost to much to fix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

johntreacy wrote: »
    I got a friend with diagnostic's equipment to have a look got codes "17654 P1246 Sensor circuit G80 00532" off it.......
    .........a red oil can light and 3 beeps.

G80 is the sensor at fault. G is the VW code for a sensor and 80 is the specific sensor. I'd need the wiring diagram to investigate further. I would hazard a guess that your 2002 Toledo has an oil pressure switch rather than a sensor - in that case the switch code is F rather that a sensor code G. But I can't say for sure. A quick look on vagcat indicates a switch. So you may have two separate faults.

The red oil can light and 3 beeps indicates loss of oil pressure.

I'd recommend you check the oil level and have the oil pressure switch/sensor tested and replaced if necessary.

I've a few VW wiring diagrams here - I'll see if I can locate a G80......

G80 is a needle lift sensor - at least that's what shows in the wiring diagram for a 2000 VW Bora. I'd be 100% confident that the G80 in your Seat is exactly the same sensor (but not necessarily the same part number). Get that fault cleared and see what happens. You should be OK.

Check here scroll down - same fault code.

The oil light and beeping is indeed a separate problem. Check the oil level - if it's OK and the flashing light/beeping persists then replace the switch. If the problem isn't resolved, then I'd suggest, given your mileage that you have the oil pressure tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johntreacy

Thanks crosstownk.
    I got the error cleared already so think i need a new sensor. Any idea how much they would be?

johntreacy wrote: »
    Any idea how much they would be?

No idea, sorry. But ring your local dealer and they should be able to tell you. Have your chassis number ready as it will be essential in determining the correct part number.

Advertisement