Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Stop the Destruction of the Fermoy Weir.

Options
  • 04-12-2008 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Here's a link http://fermoyweir.wordpress.com/ .
    Where is the destruction going to stop. Last night I watched a programme about Bertie's highway through Tara. Is this our generations legacy, to thoughtlessly tear down or plough through that which is scared and essential to Irish life, culture and history.
    I can't help but hearing 'walk on walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone'.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 squigg

There is a protest march planned in Fermoy on Saturday 13th of December at 3pm. Please come and support they are asking for ALL CLUBS to attend, rowing, tri-athalon, sub-aqua, all water and land based clubs. Gearoid Towey, four time Olympian, is travelling from London to lead the march at 3pm on December 13th. They want to get all types of boats on the river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Fud Duddy

The protest is starting at 2pm. Sat. 13th December as far as I know. Meeting outside the Fermoy courthouse at 1.45pm.
    This can not be allowed to happen. There are other ways of sorting out the fish pass issue. It's time to stand up and be counted and protect what is our heritage. This structure has been in place for 700 years. The men in suits will once again have to return to Brussels with 'the people say no' banner. If they have the stomach for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Wallacebiy

Lads ,
    As Far as I know , the Council intend to reduce the Weir just enough to allow more through , but leave the water level sufficient for the sports to continue upstream .

I believe the reduction is necessary for the relief of flooding upstream .

Is there something else at play ?

Advertisement