Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solar - cost of installation & quality of materials.

• 04-12-2008 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Anyone able to tell me how much it cost for their solar installation. I am changing cylinder now and torn between putting in solar cylinder and later on adding panels or just going the whole hog now.

I know houses differ but individual experiences would help me get a handle on the situation.

Also, anyone come across C-Mc Energy solar products. They supply to the trade but don't fit. Any comments on what they are selling?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Hi Thinkofaname
    go to site www.carbon-neutralhomed.ie this is a velux solar panel site. Very good for new and retro houses,they supply everything on 2 pallets 1 first fix pallet all you need for roof section outside panels etc 2 pallet fix all internal cylinders pump stations etc.
    eg 2 No u12 solar system complete € 4000.00 Inc VAT.
    They are fitted on roof the same way as velux windows and flashed the same way.

To size your cylinder no of persons in house x 50Ltrs
    To size panels 1.5m² per person in house

This is a guideline only.

Heatherview

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Doctor_L

Hi,

I priced a 3 - 4 panel system a few months back. Labour tends to cost between 1600 and 1800 if you are changing the tank and installing the panels.

It takes nearly a day to change the tank (2 people)

Regards

Liam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Anyone able to tell me how much it cost for their solar installation. I am changing cylinder now and torn between putting in solar cylinder and later on adding panels or just going the whole hog now.

I know houses differ but individual experiences would help me get a handle on the situation.

Thanks.

I just put 3 solar panels on a holiday home we own in West Cork. South East Facing 75 tubes in total. 3 panels & controller Euro 2904.00 We had a 300 liter insulated cylinder in the house so we did not change the cylinder just put a heat exchanger with a bronze pump on it to make up the a coil external to the cylinder ( does the same job as a dual coil cylinder) . We had to get a carpenter to put up scaffolding strip back slates & refit same about 2 days work for the carpenter ( the house is existing) . All in between plumbing materials , panels , plumber & carpenter no change out of 7000.00.
    We got Euro 1800.000 back on the SEI grant so about 5000.00 after grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

bertie1 wrote: »
    I just put 3 solar panels on a holiday home we own in West Cork. South East Facing 75 tubes in total. 3 panels & controller Euro 2904.00 We had a 300 liter insulated cylinder in the house so we did not change the cylinder just put a heat exchanger with a bronze pump on it to make up the a coil external to the cylinder ( does the same job as a dual coil cylinder) . We had to get a carpenter to put up scaffolding strip back slates & refit same about 2 days work for the carpenter ( the house is existing) . All in between plumbing materials , panels , plumber & carpenter no change out of 7000.00.
    We got Euro 1800.000 back on the SEI grant so about 5000.00 after grant

Can u break out the (7000-2904) please as it seems a big number for 'installation'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Carlow52 wrote: »
    Can u break out the (7000-2904) please as it seems a big number for 'installation'

Euro 2904 for 3 panels & controller ( 75 tubes) facing south east
    Euro 1100 carpenter to put up scaffolding , strip slates & reslate take down scaffold
    Plumbing materials pipework heat exchanger insulation etc 1300.00
    Electrician 200.00
    Slate mounting brackets for panels 330.00 ( they fit in instead of slates to mount the panels onto)
    Plumber 1100.00

Panels were mounted on the roof of a 2 story terraced house , the cylinder on the ground floor.

It might sound big but that is what it cost once everybody was paid and we did not change the cylinder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

bertie1: many thanks for the detailed reply: It will help a lot of people with projects like this.

Advertisement