Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema ticket + dinner + Pint for €19.95

Options
  • 04-12-2008 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

There's a special offer on at the moment with the Ormonde cinema in Stillorgan and the Orchard pub where you get a main course, either a pint, 1/4 bottle of wine, or a soft drink and your cinema ticket for €19.95. Tried it out last night and the food was yum! Kind of upmarket pub grub. All you do is ring up the Orchard pub and say you want to book the meal deal, tell them what time you want to eat, what film you want to see and at what time, and they do the rest! Our tickets were waiting for us at the box office in the Ormonde. Well worth a go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Sounds decent enough.

€20 p/person I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LEH

Yep €20 each, we spent most of the dinner asking ourselves how they make any money on it! You can get any type of beer/wine as well, you're not limited to the cheaper beers or anything, although the food menu isn't their normal full dinner menu, but still got about 15 meal choices nonetheless.

Not too familiar with the area, is the cinema within walking distance of the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

very. the carparks of the pub and cinema are actually connected by a short stairs (cinema is at higher level).

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Not too familiar with the area, is the cinema within walking distance of the pub?

Pretty sure they are right next to each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

What is the Ormonde cinema like now? Has it been renovated in the last few years?

Just talking to a lovely woman working in The Orchard, definitely sounds like a great offer.

Cheers again OP. Will report back after triyng it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

The Arc in Liffey Valley also does this offer from time to time with VUE. Its not running at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Milly82

Wow. Will defo check this out. Thanks LEH. I'm so broke so this sounds cheap and cheerful. Is it just Monday to Friday or weekends too?

Om nom nom nom nom.

Just back from a most enjoyable evening in Stillorgan. Food was fantastic, Guinness was great and service was top notch.

We were running late and time was tight when we got there so they told us we wouldn't have to wait long for our food and we didn't despite the place being moderately busy. I had fresh cod goujons served with chips and tartar sauce and a lovely creamy pint of Guinness. Herself had scampi and a glass of white wine. Then strolled up to the cinema to find our tickets waiting at the box office.

All for €19.95. Spectacular offer and highly recommended. Cheers again OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

LEH wrote: »
    Yep €20 each, we spent most of the dinner asking ourselves how they make any money on it!
    I presume most of the cost is for the food/drink. The cinema business is not typical as it probably costs the same to show a film to one patron as it does to 200 as they still have to pay for staff, heat, lighting etc. The more people there, the more they spend on popcorn ,sweets etc.

Sounds like a great offer alright.

(I worked in Stillorgan in 1988 and occasionally drank in a pub called The Orchard but I don't recall it being near a cinema! :confused:)

The Orchard is at the bottom of the hill just off the N11. The cinema is a small enough operation so it's not very obvious. Still I think there was about 6 screens.

Great offer whatever way you look at it. I mean I would prefer to have a decent bite to eat and a pint before the cinema instead of spending €8-9 in there on a bucket of cardboard like popcorn and a drink thats mostly ice.

Will probably avail of this the next time I fancy watching a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Good thing it's in Stillorgan where all the working class live, and may be in need of a respite from the recession. (hear hear) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

Good thing it's in Stillorgan where all the working class live, and may be in need of a respite from the recession. (hear hear) :rolleyes:

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

cool looks like ive got Wednesday night sorted so!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Good man :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Hmm. I went to cineworld last night on Parnell St and one of the many chinese restaurants in the area: €19.34

Yes you get a pint as well in Stillorgan, but a bus each way is €3.40 + 40min~ (more at rush hour). Its not really a bargain

Advertisement