Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Store & Customs

Options
  • 04-12-2008 1:33pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads just wondering if anyone bought anything from the online UFC Store and got customs looking for import duty on the items after they received them? Wanna buy a few bits but dont want the suprise of a bill from fedex afterwards looking for more money for duty.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

try looking on ebay for the same items, usually alot cheaper, and never had tax issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

i bought loads of ufc never got stopped but ive heard of some people gettin caught for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Drunkmonkey79

To best of my knowledge its random if your stuff gets stopped or not. I by from American sites all the time and have only been caught once. Mind you, once waas enough, for a $25 t-shirt i had to pay €40 euros at the door for tax and additional shipping (the carrier charge from customs)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Try and find a seller in the UK the exchange rate is good and if you do pay a little more it is better than the stress and headaches that get from buying outside of the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Well got got two bits from the store in the summer and got stung with customs. Basically they use Fed Ex as their distributor and Fed Ex charge all customers import duty and VAT plus an admin charge on imports from outside EU. That's basically their policy. You'll end up getting a bill around two months after the goods arrive which is a kick in the stones. I'd recommend MMAwarehouse.com for MMA tshirts,gear etc. They aren't a rep for the UFC but have basically all the other top MMA brands. Plus they use normal postal channels so less chance of getting stung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I bought a few shirts from the UFC.com store and the sent them twice, and I paid for them twice, one week later I was sent a bill from customs for an extra 120euro which I had to pay, I could have been cought but that is what happend to me, If I was you I would have a look at http://www.warriors.ie/ great shirts and no shipping fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I was on fightdvd.co.uk this morning and got some nice UFC hoodies for only 20 GBP ( about 24 euro at current market rates if you don't mind being unpatriotic ! ) and they have good value t shirts on sale if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

That's a great site! Very reasonable. Got the brother a few tshirts for christmas and myself a hoodie. Free beanie and free delivery!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nice one lads, in the end I have someone in the US whos gonna send it to theirs for me and then post it over to me as a present so ill be sorted. Ill check out theose other sites though.

LeoGilly wrote: »
    That's a great site! Very reasonable. Got the brother a few tshirts for christmas and myself a hoodie. Free beanie and free delivery!!!

Great stuff mate, I was mean enough to split my two orders to get two free beanies ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

I also did this!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

hi lads,
    yesterday evening there was a UFC event on the telly and at a certain point a fighter showed up wearing a very cool t-shirt, black with several logos and patches (hope the word is correct...).

I don't recall his name, the point is I was pretty sure I'd find that t-shirt online but I couldn't, I checked in several sites but most of them are rather simple or just have big printings on them.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

robnet77 wrote: »
    hi lads,
    yesterday evening there was a UFC event on the telly and at a certain point a fighter showed up wearing a very cool t-shirt, black with several logos and patches (hope the word is correct...).

I don't recall his name, the point is I was pretty sure I'd find that t-shirt online but I couldn't, I checked in several sites but most of them are rather simple or just have big printings on them.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Might be custom made mate, just to highlight sponsors etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Something like this?:

http://media.ufc.tv/i.cfc?method=get&w=550&cs=1&s=277F4EFB-1422-0E8C-9AED35C45801308C.jpg

The fighters get paid to wear all those logos on their shirts, you won't find one in a shop

Advertisement