Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone explain Betfair to me?

Options
  • 04-12-2008 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Just opened an account on Betfair out of boredom. I've heard before that its an easier way to make money than betting at a conventional bookies. Say for example i "lay" Zilina tonight against Villa for a fiver at 13/1. Does someone have to come in and match this bet before it becomes valid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

Read this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054910815

Pretty much everything you need to know

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    Just opened an account on Betfair out of boredom. I've heard before that its an easier way to make money than betting at a conventional bookies. Say for example i "lay" Zilina tonight against Villa for a fiver at 13/1. Does someone have to come in and match this bet before it becomes valid?

That might be the end of your betfair experiment;)

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Thankfully i didnt put that much money into my a/c so i couldnt lay Zilina! Thanks though duckmusic...that thread is very helpful

Advertisement