Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you worship?

Options
  • 04-12-2008 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Who do you Budists worship?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Perhaps you should do a little research of your own first, knowledge like everything in life is all the more valuable if you obtain it yourself.

behold the Wikipedia entry -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Perhaps you should do a little research of your own first, knowledge like everything in life is all the more valuable if you obtain it yourself.

behold the Wikipedia entry -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism
    Thanks Rev. H
    @Gareth, feel free to come back after you have read that link and we will be happy to debate with you.:). We worship nobody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

So if this new world religon takes off most people will be worshipping money, you will have to combine all the forums into 1 big forum: Atheism/Paganism and there will be no true religon left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭chops1990

Theres all different religions for different cultures. There isnt really any right religion. The only wrong one's are one's like satanism and that type of stuff.

I'm Roman Catholic, just incase you're wonderin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Gareth37 wrote: »
    So if this new world religon takes off most people will be worshipping money, you will have to combine all the forums into 1 big forum: Atheism/Paganism and there will be no true religon left :(

I can't wait.

• Advertisement

Buddhism isnt a new world religion is it? I thought it was an ancient religion?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Um...Buddhism is half a millennium older than Christianity...

Also, where are you getting worshipping money from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

chops1990 wrote: »
    Buddhism isnt a new world religion is it? I thought it was an ancient religion?

Silly boy. Nothing exists, East of Israel. didn't you know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Lol, this isn't the playground,but still-we were here first :D

Hahahaha, Isreal, I hate Isreal. So ****ing smug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Ah Gareth, fun as always. I take it you could not find time to bother to even read the first paragraph in the link! If you had, you would have seen:
    Buddhism is a family of beliefs and practices considered by many to be a religion. Buddhism is based on the teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as "The Buddha" (the Awakened One), who lived in the northeastern region of the Indian subcontinent and likely died around 400 BCE. Buddhists recognize him as an awakened teacher who shared his insights to help sentient beings end their suffering by understanding the true nature of phenomena, thereby escaping the cycle of suffering and rebirth (saṃsāra). Among the methods various schools of Buddhism apply towards this goal are: ethical conduct and altruistic behaviour, devotional practices, ceremonies and the invocation of bodhisatvas that help them achieve Nirvana, renunciation of worldly matters, meditation, physical exercises, study, and the cultivation of wisdom.

Hardly a new world religion, and worshiping money, how wonderfully immature of you. Well since you have no time to learn a bit about this faith, then you hardly have and grounds on which to debate it, so I must assume you have a different agenda.
    Thank you for your short time here. I wish you peace in the future.
    Bye bye for a month
    Asia

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement