Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Roof Vents

Options
  • 03-12-2008 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Im going to install roof vents on my house. It a semi with hip rafters. The insulation is going from ridge to eaves and hips to eaves. I found Setanta Building products on the net (http://www.buildingproducts.ie/roofprods.htm) and they have easy to install ridge and hip vents. any one used these before?

Also been on to a few roofers - ****, the lot of them (except one) and they're all far to expensive.

im going to do it my self. the roofers have said

1) The soffits arent a roofers job, thats for a builder

2) only need soffit vents

3) only need 2 single vents either side and one on "gable" between the hip rafters

as you can see there are lots of ways to do it apparently but im going to be sure and put the soffits and ridges in my self.

If your a roofer, please change my opinion of the trade by giving me some GOOD advice!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ballystephen

Hi Check out the dryvent ridge systems at www.buildingdesign.co.uk
    Not a roofer but easy to fit .Did whole roof myself 8 valleys,13hips,2chimneys,5 velux's.
    Its not a skilled job.A child could do it.
    Good Luck

Advertisement