Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hdip points.

Options
  • 03-12-2008 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

I dont know what the average is? Iv heard from between 41-46.
    by my calculation Im on 43 including my teaching hours. .. will that be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Rosita

Going on the last three years' points, you will be okay unless you are a business graduate.

The average is never published to my knowledge so I am not sure what your source is, but you are above the minimum - which is published - for the last number of years and will be okay unless there is an extraordinary change.

It will be interesting to see how the economic situation affects it. My guess is that it won't really affect applications at all, as even though the government has torpedoed the teaching profession, other options for graduates are also being seriously squeezed by the recession. I guess it'll balance out. Also the people applying to study the PGDE now will not be applying for jobs for almost two years anyway so who knows how the land will lie by that stage. It can hardly be worse and may be on the way to improving, who knows?

Advertisement