Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

light in room loose- DIY or call electrician

Options
  • 03-12-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭

In my bathroom the main light keeps going off. Looking into it I've noticed that if I push the bulb up a bit it turns on again but then the bulb must 'drop' again slowly to the lower position so the light goes off again.

Is it something that I can fix easily (tighten the connection/bit where I screw bulb into etc.) or give up and call an electrician?

Cheers,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Probably is just a loose wire or connection, if u have a ECB board turn off the power to the light and have a look at it if not then try and find the fuse and loosen it before u do anything.

But if your not sure what your doing might be best to get someone who does, better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Might be best answered in the Electrical Forum.

Feel free to explore and give DIY a go, just make sure you turn of the power to the lights via the circuit breaker/trip switch first. Don't wanna fry yourself !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

cheers- how do I move a thread from one forum to another?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

dinneenp wrote: »
    cheers- how do I move a thread from one forum to another?

Only moderators can do that, ask the moderator of this forum to move it if u want it moved.

Advertisement