Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Dunnes cashback weekend coming up soon?

Options
  • 03-12-2008 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

It's been ages since Dunnes have done cashback. M+S and Debenhams are doing discounts this week so just wondering if anyone knows about Dunnes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Probably waiting to see if they get bought out or not ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

sunnyside wrote: »
    It's been ages since Dunnes have done cashback. M+S and Debenhams are doing discounts this week so just wondering if anyone knows about Dunnes.

New Dunnes express in Saggart Village opening today - 25% cashback on your clubcard till Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

is this on everything???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Probably waiting to see if they get bought out or not ;)

So they've given up competing with the other stores in the meantime. :confused:
    I have a list of things I want to buy in Dunnes but I really want a discount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Cainer wrote: »
    New Dunnes express in Saggart Village opening today - 25% cashback on your clubcard till Sunday.

What size of a shop is it? a smaller express type shop or the normal size?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

So they've given up competing with the other stores in the meantime. :confused:
    I have a list of things I want to buy in Dunnes but I really want a discount.

This is a false economy, go buy the toilet roll before you destroy more towels!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    What size of a shop is it? a smaller express type shop or the normal size?

76,736 square foot!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/business/mhcwqlojidmh/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the big question is still:

is the 25% back on everything???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

the big question is still:

is the 25% back on everything???

think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

dublinhead wrote: »

That is dated Sept 2007 and refers to the Dunnes Stores in Citywest Shopping centre, which is open over a year now :)

AFAIK the new one is opening in Saggart Village. I was up in the Citywest one 10 days ago and all the staff for the new shop were training.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Apparently they're losing lots of money on these deals, the idea was the create customer loyalty, but the customers are only coming back when the deal is on!

They're probably doing it to inflate their customer numbers / statistics for a sale of the company.

You don't see Tesco doing 25% back on all their groceries, they do it on other things, but if you get a console or TV for a good price there, you're more likely to think of Tesco as being good value and go back and shop there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dunser

I can Confirm that Dunnes are doing 25% off everything this weekend in every store , from thursday to Sunday. this was confirmed to me by a Store manager I know.

Is it money off at the till or on clubcard vouchers later?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Linku wrote: »
    Apparently they're losing lots of money on these deals, the idea was the create customer loyalty, but the customers are only coming back when the deal is on!

They're probably doing it to inflate their customer numbers / statistics for a sale of the company.

You don't see Tesco doing 25% back on all their groceries, they do it on other things, but if you get a console or TV for a good price there, you're more likely to think of Tesco as being good value and go back and shop there!
    In fairness, I know a lot of people that have switched to Dunnes since they started these deals. Tesco are rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Is it money off at the till or on clubcard vouchers later?

Back in vouchers
    phasers wrote: »
    In fairness, I know a lot of people that have switched to Dunnes since they started these deals. Tesco are rubbish

For all their shopping? Because they're not significantly cheaper or anything than anywhere else when these deals aren't on. A lot of people are only shopping there on the weekends when the deal is on, keeping the vouchers and waiting for next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

they usually announce it on tv on a wednesday evening if there is 25% off.

it is a while since they had this offer, especially with the extra competition now with people going to the north.

Linku wrote: »
    Back in vouchers

For all their shopping? Because they're not significantly cheaper or anything than anywhere else when these deals aren't on. A lot of people are only shopping there on the weekends when the deal is on, keeping the vouchers and waiting for next time.

True, but I prefer the food in Dunnes and Super Valu to Tesco. I know people will post back and say they all the sell the same brands but it's things like Deli counters, much nicer in Dunnes and Super Valu. Might depend on where you live as well.

Thanks for the info, see you all in Dunnes at the weekend:)

Advertisement