Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping in Omagh?

Options
  • 03-12-2008 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm thinking of heading to Omagh for the first time before Christmas, and I would love to know the best places to go shopping, what shops are there and any nice markets or sights to see!

Many thanks for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

Eviledna wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm thinking of heading to Omagh for the first time before Christmas, and I would love to know the best places to go shopping, what shops are there and any nice markets or sights to see!

Many thanks for any info.

There isnt any markets as far as I know.

Sedan Avenue (Showgrounds retail park) has main chain shops (Next, M&S, Argos and others) Its usually a nightmare for getting into, parking, and getting out of so bear this in mind if your going at a peak time.

High Street has Dorothy Perkins, Topshop, Boots and local shops.

Great Northern Retail park (new Derry Road) has Halfords, Homebase, a home shop of some sort.

Asda is on the Dromore Road, Dunnes on the Dublin Road, Iceland is probably tricky to find if your not from the town, its in the car park down foundry lane.

As for places to see or things to do.... maybe Ulster American Folk Park if you havent already been? They have a christmas event on too --> http://www.folkpark.com/whats_on/events/?article=1496

Gortin Glens is always nice for a walk but it might be a bit cold / wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Thanks a million Tawny, really looking forward to the visit now!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A little jewel in Trone and its a very underestimated place for shopping. People talk of Newry and Enniskillen etc but what a lot dont realise is that Omagh is less than an hour's drive from Monaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 citybhoy

Not a bad shopping town but the shops/stores mentioned aren't near each other so you'll need the car-if you're coming up, come early and give yourself plenty of time to get round them. Oh and beware of the gestapo officers parading as traffic wardens!! :)http://www.omagh.towntalk.co.uk/

Advertisement