Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Vunerable is Planet Earth?

Options
  • 02-12-2008 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

How vunerable is planet earth?

I mean what if a meteor hit right on the border of Russia and Europe, what would happen, or anywhere else?

People on earth seem to take a lot for granted. The earth could be wiped out in a matter of seconds if a planet or meteor hit earth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

Gareth37 wrote: »

I mean what if a meteor hit right on the border of Russia and Europe, what would happen, or anywhere else?

People on earth seem to take a lot for granted. The earth could be wiped out in a matter of seconds if a planet or meteor hit earth?

I hear that the number of meteorites hitting earth has increased expodentially over the past century. I wonder how long it will be now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bennyblanco

Don't worry about it man,it wont make any difference whatsoever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Shinjuku

I hear that the number of meteorites hitting earth has increased expodentially over the past century. I wonder how long it will be now ;)

What are you winking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

If it does it does. Too many people worry about 'what ifs' and forget about the 'what nows'.

If everyone had that outlook no one would get on a plane, or get into a car, or even get out of bed.

Smile and be happy. This is probably best suited in AH tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

He's right! God help us all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

I hear that the number of meteorites hitting earth has increased expodentially over the past century.

You hear a lot of stuff. The stuff with evidence to back it up matters.

There's no particular reason why the rate of collisions should be increasing, and I'd be very surprised if it is. Provide evidence by all means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Hardly the early bombardment. Meteorites created the conditions for life. Praise be to the meteorites.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Its very normal for our race to die out one way or another, could be our sun dying out, meteorites. We are not suppose to stay here forever.

Advertisement