Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer abroad- Costs?

Options
  • 02-12-2008 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

I'm planning on speding a summer abroad in maybe Australia or the US. I would just like advice from anyone, students preferably, who have been through this experience. I would like to know how much approx. it costs to spend a summer abroad? :confused: All advice is much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

I worked in Long Island, NY over the summer and brought $2,000 with me, was paying $150 a week in rent and was fed in work......ended up coming home with a $2,000 laptop and tons of clothes so you don't need that much money going over if you're willing to work...... the overall cost of the visa/flights/etc was about $1,000 but that will vary from year to year and where you fly to, i.e. West Coast is more expensive than East Coast

Advertisement