Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millionaire Draw - Part 2

Options
  • 02-12-2008 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Is anyone seriously considering buying a ticket for the Lotto Millionaire Draw - part 2 ... after the debacle the first time round?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

mrfreddred wrote: »
    Is anyone seriously considering buying a ticket for the Lotto Millionaire Draw - part 2 ... after the debacle the first time round?

Me not winning was an absolute disgrace alright, but I won't let it stop me having another go.

Was there another debacle?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I believe several hundred thousand people will seriously consider buying one. I will only buy one if they have the draw in my house though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mrfreddred

Well, apart from the fact that the draw didnt actually appear to be LIVE at all and that they had already contacted the shop where the winning ticket was bought before it was televised. Not to mention that you couldnt check your ticket until the next day because the website crashed even though it cost over a millon to setup....

Or maybe I am the only one who thought that I was being taken for a mug?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭Trampas

where is the draw going to be made?

Where ever that is if I am passing that way then I will buy one. I think I'll have a better chance of winning then

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Its not like it was rigged lads... I dont think i could stomach watching 500+ nnumbers being picked out to on tv and checking each one... Il deffo be buying one, and maybe a few as gifts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Handy Xmas presents alright and the draw is live this time alright though obv. not all 500 winning tickets - just the top tier prizes - i think around 10 in total.
    Draw is on New Years Eve night just after midnight as part of the Tubridy show thing - 300,000 tickets available and yes they will be sold out.

Effectively 1 in 150,000 chance of winning a million - crap odds but what the hell im gonna get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,126 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Warper wrote: »
    Handy Xmas presents alright and the draw is live this time alright though obv. not all 500 winning tickets - just the top tier prizes - i think around 10 in total.
    Draw is on New Years Eve night just after midnight as part of the Tubridy show thing - 300,000 tickets available and yes they will be sold out.

Effectively 1 in 150,000 chance of winning a million - crap odds but what the hell im gonna get one.
    Theres the other prizes though, that make the over all odds better (although still crap)

€1,000,000 - 1 in 150,000
    €100,000 - 1 in 60,000
    €10,000 - 1 in 6,667
    €5,000 - 1 in 3,750
    €1,000 - 1 in 3,000
    €500 - 1 in 1,000

Its a great scam mind, take in 6 million, give out 3.6 million
    And repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I wouldnt call it a scam - i mean do you consider the Lotto a scam? Its the National Lottery - same as other countries - everyone knows what the story is - anyways any profit is given back to beneficiaries around the country.
    People know what they are getting - i mean its hardly gonna be take 6m and pay out 6m - its just another product they are selling, no one is forced to buy a ticket, what worries me is the 'ol' ones that spend a good portion of their income on scratchcards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

mrfreddred wrote: »
    Well, apart from the fact that the draw didnt actually appear to be LIVE at all and that they had already contacted the shop where the winning ticket was bought before it was televised. Not to mention that you couldnt check your ticket until the next day because the website crashed even though it cost over a millon to setup....

Or maybe I am the only one who thought that I was being taken for a mug?
    They just didnt do the draw in a format you liked! The thing itself was legit. Besides alot of people didnt like the way it was done so they'll probably change it this time

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

People who didn't win came on Live Line looking for their money back, created a hysteria. Some of them had borrowed money to buy the tickets. Wouldn't listen to the perfectly reasonable explanation from the Lottery about the draw. RTE give cranks far too much time.

How many people here really think it was rigged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

How many people here really think it was rigged?

You really don't want to open up that can of worms. Really long thread here a few months back about the Lotto being rigged. Was quite amusing in parts. My fav was the poster who said that he could prove it was rigged by using the statistic that fifty per cent of winners were on a Saturday or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Collie D wrote: »
    Really long thread here a few months back about the Lotto being rigged. Was quite amusing in parts.

Brian Nolan?.Either one of the great loopers of our time, or the greatest fisherman in the noble art of reeling them in.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55345130&postcount=29

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Collie D wrote: »
    My fav was the poster who said that he could prove it was rigged by using the statistic that fifty per cent of winners were on a Saturday or something like that.

Haha perfect!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Bought a few for christmas cards. When else will you get a chance of 150,000 to one to win a lillion for only a score. Plus if you give them for presents and someone wins surely they wil share it with you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭jacool

the main reason people were pissed off was that one winner just happened to be from Tralee where the "draw" took place. This one is in Dublin I think so that's where to buy. Christmas presents only methinks

Advertisement